TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
54 miles
26 miles off road
Lots of deep loose rocks (did not stop for photos in those parts) and rocks in the road which were taller than the shift lever.
To circumnavigate Gass Peak, to head home, I ended up cutting across a corner of Nellis AFB small arms range (could hear auto fire in distance).
Never saw a sign coming down Gass Peak road until I came to a locked gate.
The other side of the gate had no trespassing signs posted, prohibiting entry to where I was.
Fortunately there was a way around/out, because I was at mile 45 by that point and it would then have been a 90 mile round trip.
3 more miles to civilization.
Only 62 MPG, compared to almost 80 on last trip.
The TW is a very forgiving bike.
Tried to post 5 more photos, but must have exceeded the limit.

Hope to take Alamo Road, next trip.

1-From Corn Creek Springs.JPG 2-Mormon Well Road.JPG 3-Looking back at Mummy Mountain.JPG 4- Leaving Mormon Well Road.JPG 5-Looking back at Mormom Well Road.JPG

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
6-No Outlet was circumvented.JPG
Got one more to upload

·
Registered
20,199 Posts
Sounds like the perfect TW day out. Good chance to test the tail bag.

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
Nice! You could connect Mormon Well with Kane Springs Road for a nice scenic ride all the way up to Caliente!

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Ahh, so very nice.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice! You could connect Mormon Well with Kane Springs Road for a nice scenic ride all the way up to Caliente!
Yes, did that in a 4X4 in December 2011
100_9280.JPG 100_9283.JPG 100_9284.JPG

Do not have photos of the dirt portion, but it was a high speed dirt road.

·
Registered
2,756 Posts
we were down in that area 2 years ago and that road under the railway bridge was closed then, must per a permanent closer. there is a really cool state campground just north of there, if you get a chance to stop in at the Cathedral Gorge, it is well worth the look around 25.JPG 25b.JPG 27a.JPG

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts