TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any recommendations for a gear bag to keep on the back rack of my bike? I have no idea what rack is on my bike, but it’s pretty big. I don’t technically own any “gear” to speak of yet anyway, but the bike looks weird with an empty rack on the back.

·
Registered
790 Posts
I like Kriega bags, but I use them on various bikes so I’m partial to them. Can’t go wrong with Wolfman or Giant Loop bags either. Tons of great options out there with a very wide price range. Give Revzilla a browse.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I just got a Saddlemen TR2300DE Tactical Deluxe Rack Bag. Hard to imagine a nicer or more practical bag. Mine is mounted on a Cyclerack.
IMG_0185.jpg
They make a smaller version too.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have the Cyclerack also (if it's a larger gray rack it's most likely that one, the OEM rack is black and relatively small). I ended up putting a Chase Harper "Ripstream" tail trunk on it, which fits nicely and is pretty low profile. Nice quality- you can find it for well cheaper than their website if you shop around. It's on the smaller side (a 12 pack of beer fits in the main compartment but not much more), but for general running around town I find it's generally sufficient. Can stash a sweatshirt, goggles, gloves, ect easily.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have a Cyclerack on my TW and have a Pelican 1450 case on it. But believe me, if I didn't... ANYTHING would fit fine on that rack it's so frikken big. My "Mule Bike".

I have a Manrack on my Honda XR and it is a very small platform. Finally decided on the Wolfman Peak Tailbag though I did not receive it yet. Not too small but definitely not to big at all. That bike is not really meant to carry much but a rider fast through the woods so was looking for a small day-bag.
I already have a couple other products by Wolfman and they are top-of-the-line. $Spendy$ too but I think worth it.

M803_Peak_Tail_Bag_a_1024x1024.jpg

Link to the "Peak" which looks like one of the smallest they make without being their version of a toolbag or fender-bag:
https://wolfmanluggage.com/collections/tail-bags/products/peak-tail-bag#shopify-product-reviews

Manrack for the 28 year old XR is pretty darn small. From back in the day when riders just brought a pack of cigarettes, matches & and maybe a leftover Turkey sandwich (ha).
I'm just happy someone still makes accessories for this relic of a bike:
IMG_8785.jpg

IMG_9250.JPG

Added an OEM replica tail/tool bag in "Honda Red" which fits nicely with the Manrack:
IMG_1057.JPG

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
Mike, was that 91 number on your plate 2 weeks ago?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
No, but people keep asking me what year it is... is it a new model? HaHa. Great-Grandaddy of today's CRF250L.
I might add a little hyphen to make it more obvious.

Since I'm stuck at work the next 2-3 weeks I'm going to take the rusty oem header off later today (if I can without busting the studs), strip/clean/paint it and that's it. I don't want to make this old girl too nice that I won't want to ride it in the woods.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts