TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any recommendations for a gear bag to keep on the back rack of my bike? I have no idea what rack is on my bike, but it’s pretty big. I don’t technically own any “gear” to speak of yet anyway, but the bike looks weird with an empty rack on the back.

·
Registered
868 Posts
I like Kriega bags, but I use them on various bikes so I’m partial to them. Can’t go wrong with Wolfman or Giant Loop bags either. Tons of great options out there with a very wide price range. Give Revzilla a browse.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I have the Cyclerack also (if it's a larger gray rack it's most likely that one, the OEM rack is black and relatively small). I ended up putting a Chase Harper "Ripstream" tail trunk on it, which fits nicely and is pretty low profile. Nice quality- you can find it for well cheaper than their website if you shop around. It's on the smaller side (a 12 pack of beer fits in the main compartment but not much more), but for general running around town I find it's generally sufficient. Can stash a sweatshirt, goggles, gloves, ect easily.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have a Cyclerack on my TW and have a Pelican 1450 case on it. But believe me, if I didn't... ANYTHING would fit fine on that rack it's so frikken big. My "Mule Bike".

I have a Manrack on my Honda XR and it is a very small platform. Finally decided on the Wolfman Peak Tailbag though I did not receive it yet. Not too small but definitely not to big at all. That bike is not really meant to carry much but a rider fast through the woods so was looking for a small day-bag.
I already have a couple other products by Wolfman and they are top-of-the-line. $Spendy$ too but I think worth it.

Bag Product Luggage and bags Fashion accessory Backpack

Link to the "Peak" which looks like one of the smallest they make without being their version of a toolbag or fender-bag:
https://wolfmanluggage.com/collections/tail-bags/products/peak-tail-bag#shopify-product-reviews

Manrack for the 28 year old XR is pretty darn small. From back in the day when riders just brought a pack of cigarettes, matches & and maybe a leftover Turkey sandwich (ha).
I'm just happy someone still makes accessories for this relic of a bike:
Hand Automotive exterior Metal

Wire Vehicle Machine Outdoor power equipment Tool

Added an OEM replica tail/tool bag in "Honda Red" which fits nicely with the Manrack:
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Supermoto

·
Super Moderator
4,088 Posts
Mike, was that 91 number on your plate 2 weeks ago?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
No, but people keep asking me what year it is... is it a new model? HaHa. Great-Grandaddy of today's CRF250L.
I might add a little hyphen to make it more obvious.

Since I'm stuck at work the next 2-3 weeks I'm going to take the rusty oem header off later today (if I can without busting the studs), strip/clean/paint it and that's it. I don't want to make this old girl too nice that I won't want to ride it in the woods.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey there!
Whether you use your bike to commute, run errands or take longer trips, you’ll need a way to carry essentials, from a small repair kit to full-on camping gear. A backpack for
preschool or messenger bag is good for shorter trips, but some of your best gear-carrying options are racks, baskets and bags that fit on your bike.

·
Super Moderator
15,793 Posts
Hey there!
Whether you use your bike to commute, run errands or take longer trips, you’ll need a way to carry essentials, from a small repair kit to full-on camping gear. A daypack or messenger bag is good for shorter trips, but some of your best gear-carrying options are racks, baskets and bags that fit on your bike.
Good day ExtradaEstms,
I want to inform you your IP address is being reported by our crack web attack check site as being reported for spam attacks. If you think this is in error I will wait for you to explain you are not an internet spammer. I'll give you until the end of today and if we haven't heard a good explanation or don't hear anything by this time you will be removed from the forum.

·
Premium Member
2013 TW200, 1972 ST90, 1980 XL250S, 2005 YZ250 AND CAN AM X3 XRS
90 Posts
So I have been researching and buying multiple bags and returning them to Amazon. I wanted a Tailbag for 2-3 day trips or going to the store to buy some stuff to big for my Tank Bag. First I bought a Nelson Rigg roll top duffel but it was not great for attaching to the Cycle Rack and it was to tall to get your leg over and did not collapse well.. Then bought a Tusk Roll Top Duffel and it was more difficult to attach and collapse than the Nelson Rigg Bag. 3rd times a charm, Ordered a Chase Harper 4050 Aeropac for $100 and the dimensions are perfect and it folds down without changes to the connections to the rack. So I can leave it on the whole time collapsed when not in use. It holds 2 pairs of shorts, 3 shirts, 1 Pants, 1 rain Gear set, pair of sandals socks and underwear with and over night kit maybe some snacks. I strapped my Jacket to the top yesterday and did not move much on a 40 mile ride. You will need side bags for camping or longer rides but this is a good overnighter/ Grocery getter.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
So I have been researching and buying multiple bags and returning them to Amazon. I wanted a Tailbag for 2-3 day trips or going to the store to buy some stuff to big for my Tank Bag. First I bought a Nelson Rigg roll top duffel but it was not great for attaching to the Cycle Rack and it was to tall to get your leg over and did not collapse well.. Then bought a Tusk Roll Top Duffel and it was more difficult to attach and collapse than the Nelson Rigg Bag. 3rd times a charm, Ordered a Chase Harper 4050 Aeropac for $100 and the dimensions are perfect and it folds down without changes to the connections to the rack. So I can leave it on the whole time collapsed when not in use. It holds 2 pairs of shorts, 3 shirts, 1 Pants, 1 rain Gear set, pair of sandals socks and underwear with and over night kit maybe some snacks. I strapped my Jacket to the top yesterday and did not move much on a 40 mile ride. You will need side bags for camping or longer rides but this is a good overnighter/ Grocery getter.
Which tank bag do you have?

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
I have the Chase Harper 4200, I love that bag.

I was going to mention, the type of riding you do can dictate what tail bag to use. In-Town, I stick with my Viking backpack tail bag or something like the chase Harper, for trails I usually go with a Alice pack butt pack, or molle backpack that just looks like a tail bag... so if I gotta abandon ship, I can just pull the straps and hike my gear with me.

Never had an issue with my Chase Harper gear though.

Chase Harper 4200 - https://a.co/d/gYC3sQ9
Elite Spanker Molle Backpack - https://a.co/d/0fSMoN3
Viking tailbag/backpack - Viking Bonafide Medium Brown Motorcycle Cafe Racer Tail Bag

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the Chase Harper 4200, I love that bag.

I was going to mention, the type of riding you do can dictate what tail bag to use. In-Town, I stick with my Viking backpack tail bag or something like the chase Harper, for trails I usually go with a Alice pack butt pack, or molle backpack that just looks like a tail bag... so if I gotta abandon ship, I can just pull the straps and hike my gear with me.

Never had an issue with my Chase Harper gear though.

Chase Harper 4200 - https://a.co/d/gYC3sQ9
Elite Spanker Molle Backpack - https://a.co/d/0fSMoN3
Viking tailbag/backpack - Viking Bonafide Medium Brown Motorcycle Cafe Racer Tail Bag

Thanks for the reply. Which is the one pictured on your white TW in the photos above? Maybe it's empty in the photo, but it looks low profile. I'm looking for something low profile like that for mountain single track.

EDIT: Looking for a response from socalbubba!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts