TW200 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you running an ATV tire, what gearing did you go with if you didnt go with stock? What works best? Ive got the Ceros but im waiting for the wheels to get back from the powder coater to mount it.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
It really depends on what kind of riding you do, and where you are on your chain and sprockets. I wouldn't necessarily run out and buy new chain and sprockets unless they're ready to be replaced. I also have the Ceros and have been running around for the last year or so on stock gearing. The low first gear is still low enough for most of what I do. If you are ready to replace your chain and sprockets I think you would be happy with a 55 tooth sprocket, unless you spend a lot of time on the open road. That'll put you back to just a little deeper than stock. You can put in the actual size of the Ceros in the sprocket calculator found here and play with it a little bit. The OD of the Ceros is found in this thread.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It really depends on what kind of riding you do, and where you are on your chain and sprockets. I wouldn't necessarily run out and buy new chain and sprockets unless they're ready to be replaced. I also have the Ceros and have been running around for the last year or so on stock gearing. The low first gear is still low enough for most of what I do. If you are ready to replace your chain and sprockets I think you would be happy with a 55 tooth sprocket, unless you spend a lot of time on the open road. That'll put you back to just a little deeper than stock. You can put in the actual size of the Ceros in the sprocket calculator found here and play with it a little bit. The OD of the Ceros is found in this thread.

I also have a Ceros and run a 55t out back.

Its a good compromise, 1st is pretty low with enough legs for short highway trips.

Until I picked up a nail last month, I was bombing around town. For an atv tire I think the Ceros handles well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts