TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys recommend for a 60 year old, boney butt? Gel seat or one of the air pads? Then what manufacturer?

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Gunner,

Just leveling out the pitched-forward TW seat may solve your problem. Worked for me.

Not sure where you're from, but here in SoCal we have lots of auto and furniture upholstery shops who can add/subtract the foam and do an O.E.M.-looking job for 30-50 bucks.

Mine is mated to the XT350 tank, but from there back it's just a leveled-out TW pan with about an inch of extra foam in the rear. Hard to tell from the pic, but when the bike is upright the area your butt bones occupy is level.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
[quote name='lizrdbrth' date='28 December 2010 - 12:59 PM' timestamp='1293566389' post='9615']

Gunner,

Just leveling out the pitched-forward TW seat may solve your problem. Worked for me.

Not sure where you're from, but here in SoCal we have lots of auto and furniture upholstery shops who can add/subtract the foam and do an O.E.M.-looking job for 30-50 bucks.

Mine is mated to the XT350 tank, but from there back it's just a leveled-out TW pan with about an inch of extra foam in the rear. Hard to tell from the pic, but when the bike is upright the area your butt bones occupy is level.

That bike looks good and that tire looks MEAN !!

Question for you...I put a new chain on my t dub after adding the blaster shock. The chain is extremely tight when I sit on it...and the tire is all the way forward. Any guess why? I talked to Jimbo and we are both stumped.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Brock,

No clue, unless your new chain had fewer links.

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
As far as comfort is concerned, a seat rebuild certainly has potential. Many here have fell in 'love' with the inexpensive (Walmart) Sterns seat pad. A few of us have invested a bit more money and found comfort as well with the Airhawk seat pad. Do some research and spend your money.. This $ 125 brought me comfort.. Gerry

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
I rode a KLR withy an Airhawk. It was very nice, but they are expensive.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am sure Mike at Corbin could make your seat comfortable. If you live in Holister Calf. drop the seat off to hime and tell him what you want.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
You can order a raw gel seat pad from Dennis Kirk and have someone install it.In my case the Wal-Mart seat pad has worked well on the Dub and KLR.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts