TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my 70T rear sprocket on the Duro wheel yesterday, so I decided to take a ride up Geneva Creek and see how she handled some steep rocky jeep trails. That setup did not disappoint! Crawled right up to the end of the trail without hardly having to take my ass off the seat!

IMG_20200804_124442.jpg

Unfortunately the cloudy skies and moderate breeze today resulted in a poor photo of this absolutely gorgeous turquoise -blue alpine pond...

IMG_20200804_130423.jpg

Not much left of this old truck - but it sure has a nice view of the valley...

IMG_20200804_132531.jpg

Lots of old cabins strewn about the area...

IMG_20200804_134756.jpg

..And one more with the TW off in the distance!

IMG_20200804_130856.jpg

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
Wow, that looks really great!
How high are the headwaters of Geneva Creek there?
I thought it would be interesting to visit the odd geothermal feature of Geneva Creek Iron Fens some time, it is somewhere around there. Any idea how close one can get on a TW? Guanella Pass? They are at around 11,400 ft. They sure look like tailings piles but are natural, like travertine but made of limonite
geneva creek iron fens.jpg

Anyways more photos and more stories of the 70 tooth Duro please! You have a nice set up and some equally nice destinations to crawl to with that rig.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Fred! I made it up to 11,660ft today before I hit the dreaded USFS "No Motor Vehicles" sign and had to continue on foot to the mines themselves. I actually just found out about the Iron Fens when I returned home today! (The Internet is a hell of a thing.) One can take a TW quite close to the Fens, actually. The road is gated closed, but it's only a short hike on foot. I will absolutely be going back to see the Iron Fens for myself, Fred. It seems that Colorado has eight Iron Fens in all - and they are the only eight Iron Fens on this entire planet!

Reactions: Fred

·
Registered
20,629 Posts
You sure have some earthly treasures to explore and a nice rig to get you there. I do like the way these machines can let us sneak up on natural beauty fairly quietly without ripping up the silence or terrain. Ridden responsibly these TWs can leave a relatively light footprint in sensitive environments..

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Got my 70T rear sprocket on the Duro wheel yesterday, so I decided to take a ride up Geneva Creek and see how she handled some steep rocky jeep trails. That setup did not disappoint! Crawled right up to the end of the trail without hardly having to take my ass off the seat!

View attachment 207251

View attachment 207252
Somebody's hope and dreams. Absolutely gorgeous. I love to ride to explore places like this...and finding them!

·
Registered
862 Posts
Hey id love to know where you sourced your sprocket and price? It appears to be aluminum? Looks awesome.

Sent from my LML211BL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts