TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Am I turning into just another grumpy old man? Has life's realities tempered my youthful idealism into a more cynical view of my fellow man? Hopefully there may still be hope for me.
Yesterday a young couple decided my driveway was a perfect place to park and have a party. My first reaction was a little like Clint Eastwood...."This is private property...didn't you see all the signs?...pick up your litter and don't come back...turn down the blaring music too..etc".
But then I realized in my youth I would have given my left nut to find such a secluded pretty spot to spark with my girlfriend and enjoy the day and car's bitchin' stereo. After all such youthful dreams are what caused me to save, invest wisely and search for this perfect property at end of a dirt road. In my youth I'ld have have probably done something similar. So upon reflection I shouted that they could enjoy my yard for a little bit but please don't come back.

Gumpy old fart standing up for my rights or should I try to accommodate youthful excesses?
Anyways game camera caught them for posterity. trespasser.jpg
After all they are not the only uninvited visitors I get. UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_b3.jpg

Some just happen to be cuter than others. UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_c1.jpg

·
Registered
322 Posts
Awesome piece of land you are hanging out in Fred. I enjoy seeing pictures of wildlife and the scenery. I would have started some target practice close enough in their vicinity that would have made them not have to think twice about hanging around!

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I think that bear is an alien!

·
Registered
282 Posts
I'd put a "your within range" sign up. Steel plate with a few bullet holes next to it.

Sure they weren't casing the place to see what happens??

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I'm still wondering where the YOUNG COUPLE is in your pictures? All I see are two old farts that should have known better!

Tom:)

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
I'm still wondering where the YOUNG COUPLE is in your pictures? All I see are two old farts that should have known better!

Tom:)

That's what I was thinking but figured it was a set up.. bait.. ;)

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
"I'm still wondering where the YOUNG COUPLE is in your pictures". Tom, I actually never saw the trespassers until I reviewed your game camera captures the next day. They indeed were a shady looking pair.
My front yard is a bit bigger than the one in Clint Eastwood's Gran Torino movie. Their car was parked behind some trees across the canyon while dogs and I were on deck barking at them...I only heard voices and music and thus assumed youth.
Should have released the hounds .

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Probably bearfoot because he couldn't find boots with a wide enough toe box!

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That is a typical "Bigfoot" track caused by black bear's rear foot overlapping mark left by front paw. Often mistaken by those who wish to believe in Sasquatch.

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
That is a typical "Bigfoot" track caused by black bear's rear foot overlapping mark left by front paw. Often mistaken by those who wish to believe in Sasquatch.
Sooo... your not a believer then? I guess aliens are out of the question too?

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
There are even police artists drawings of actual witnesses:

I saw it.jpg

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts