TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look what I get to play with this weekend...

20160701_143934_resized.jpg
I've always wanted to play with one of these puppies

My backyard needs to be leveled out to fill in all the holes left from an old tree that died years ago. Every time I mow I feel like I'm going to break an ankle after stepping in a hole.
20160629_165256_resized.jpg

Should be fun!

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
Look what I get to play with this weekend...

View attachment 32199
I've always wanted to play with one of these puppies

My backyard needs to be leveled out to fill in all the holes left from an old tree that died years ago. Every time I mow I feel like I'm going to break an ankle after stepping in a hole.
View attachment 32198

I thought you were on holidays? are you back, I didn't see any holiday pics]

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I thought you were on holidays? are you back, I didn't see any holiday pics]
Holidays were postponed. So for now I'm just taking weekend 'holidays'. If I'm lucky there's a chance for a vacation in late September. We'll see. In the mean time, enjoy these lovely photos of non-TW fun. :)

·
Registered
4,172 Posts
. I am not happy unless there's an engine running.
Now there's a great statement!!! I've never thought about that way but I'm the same way, man I love engines. I hope you don't mind but I'm going to have to use that statement from time to time.
Rick

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
Ever since I was a very young boy I have loved playing in the dirt. I have resisted buying any big boy dirt toys larger than a lawn tractor or TW because I would be out digging up places that don't need to be dug up.

My brother rented a Bobcat to do some minor work in his yard once and it turned into a major mess while he kept finding other spots to tear up. In the end he had to rent a few other machines with york rake and rock hound and then re seed the entire back lawn. Yup, playing in the dirt is in our nature and the bigger the machine the more we just have to play.

Have a blast Luv.

GaryL

·
Registered
638 Posts
Spent a summer running its' brother, a Case UniLoader. It was fun for a week, OK for a week, then just made my back, kidneys, and wrists hurt. Boss would yell at us if we ever turned on cement or blacktop. I remember him prowling around the work site yelling "Who left that mark. Who left that mark". One day he came out and was ranting about slow work and decided he needed to show us how it was done. He scooped up a big load of gravel, zipped over to the foundation wall where it needed to be dumped, and tipped the baby right over the edge into the basement. (good times)

Have fun but be careful

·
Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Taking a little break for lunch and decided to check in.

I think I should have gotten a bobcat with tracks instead of wheels. The ground is soft enough that the wheels are just spinning, creating a worse mess than I started with LOL! I've spent more time with a mattock, rake and hoe than I spent in the seat. The good news... I've gotten rid of all the huge cedar logs that were left over from hurricane Isabel in 2003. There's one long skinny one left (shown in the pic below), but I've no place to put it. I'm going to have to borrow a friend's chainsaw to get that one.

Welp... lunch is over. Time to get back and finish as much as I can before the rain comes again this evening. :rolleyes:

Progress so far. Wish it was dry this weekend. Then it probably wouldn't have created such a mess...
20160702_141845_resized.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts