TW200 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Now don't you be hoggin' all the splittin'.

It looks like one of them fancy splitters, but where's the motor?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now don't you be hoggin' all the splittin'.

It looks like one of them fancy splitters, but where's the motor?
The grey bearded guy in front of it is the motor....these fiberglass handles are uptown!!!!

·
Registered
19,575 Posts
Uptown is right! My tool collection is progressively getting the yellow fiberglass look...easier to find when I drop in the snow.:)
Funny thing I found a brand new similar wood handle splitting maul in the woods a month ago, even had it briefly loaded on the cycle rack. But then thought I had a better fiberglass unit back home so I left the new-found maul leaning against a tree for someone else to discover. d85a94b7c0265c34fe8869a9043bef6c.jpg
Happy exercising Travis with your new home gym equipment.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Splitting wood for the house, bunkhouse, and shop....and I got to buy a new fiberglass handled splittin maul...Whoooop Aaahhhh!!!!!
I've got one similar but can't seem to get on with it, the blade edge angle 'seems' to be too great. What sort of edge do you have on yours?

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've got one similar but can't seem to get on with it, the blade edge angle 'seems' to be too great. What sort of edge do you have on yours?
From the factory....the frozen locust takes three to four whacks to even start a split...leave that angle ya got....I shortened up an angle one time....took a sledge or hydraulic Jack to get it out of a knotty or limby round...stick it, and have a sledge handy...just don't let O.S.H.A. see ya..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts