TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well tomorrow at noon I will be a married man. Found an amazing woman a few years ago and for some reason she has stuck around. We have always focused on being better for each other and I am asking for any advice you care to share on being a better partner for someone you care about.

This forum has always been valuable to me and I've always really appreciated all the knowledge about motorcycles that y'all have shared and now i am asking you to share something different. Thanks so much.

Sent from my LGL63BL using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
17,954 Posts
Tell her from your heart that you love and appreciate her each and every day and thank the Good Lord that He blessed you with her. Cherish her, love her and treat her like a :icon_queen:

:)

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Convince her everyday how much you love her, value her, admire her.
Make sure she knows you will always be there for her...no matter what.
If kids are in the future, remind each other how lucky you are to have them.

The cartwheels, the paddling, the smiles, the love. That face! Remind her often, how delighted you are have her in your life.
Make sure she feels the same way about you, and often.

Last year, Betty & I celebrated our 50th anniversary in your beautiful state. North to South, via the inland passage & side-trips. The things and places we saw, the people we met, the overwhelming beauty we were immersed in...wanting not to leave. Now scheming to return...knowing it will never happen.
But if Alaska continues for you guys, believe that the experience will help you spiritually and bond you. And be strong.
A place to build a special life...

I guess this should be at the top of the list, but I wanted to set it apart, emphasize it.
Do not cheat on each other...and have fun! Always.

Dave

·
Registered
637 Posts
Remember that love is not an emotion, but an act of the will. Specifically, it is an act of the will wherein you desire the best for a person and do that thing. Some days it may be saying, "yes, honey." Other days it may be saying no. It often means suffering for someone rather than getting what you want out of them.

While it is a partnership, there also has to be an awareness of your role as a man and husband, and her role as a woman and wife, both to you and to her. However, you must treat your place in the relationship with respect and a holy fear of violating the trust necessary for such a dynamic to work. You must not let her walk over you.

I highly recommend a reading of the Army Officer and NCO Creed with a mind towards placing it in the context of your role as a husband and, God willing, as a father.

U.S. Army - Commissioned Officer Creed - Military Authority
https://www.army.mil/values/nco.html

Congrats!

·
Registered
852 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Remember that love is not an emotion, but an act of the will. Specifically, it is an act of the will wherein you desire the best for a person and do that thing. Some days it may be saying, "yes, honey." Other days it may be saying no. It often means suffering for someone rather than getting what you want out of them.

While it is a partnership, there also has to be an awareness of your role as a man and husband, and her role as a woman and wife, both to you and to her. However, you must treat your place in the relationship with respect and a holy fear of violating the trust necessary for such a dynamic to work. You must not let her walk over you.

I highly recommend a reading of the Army Officer and NCO Creed with a mind towards placing it in the context of your role as a husband and, God willing, as a father.

U.S. Army - Commissioned Officer Creed - Military Authority
https://www.army.mil/values/nco.html

Congrats!
This post is enormously helpful as are the others. I really regret not join g the army when I was younger in many ways and I appreciate this so much.

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
There is only one rule. You don't have to always like each other but always love with all of your harts. Just like the mud, sometimes deep and sticky and sometimes not.

Wonderful video and if I didn't already have a wife just like her I would be second in line. 30 years together and I can't remember the last argument we have had that amounted to more than a can of beans.

We have to attend a wedding in September but I would rather attend yours because I think the divorce party will be better than this wedding we have to go to. The lack of respect for each other is just so obvious and I resent partaking in such a scam wedding. I give this one a few years at the most but I have great hopes for you two. Congratulations Tiny Wheel---S 200 May good fortunes follow you where ever you go.

GaryL

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
Continue your relationship as you have prior to being married. It looks like you have a lot in common. Keep talking and make sure your goals in life 5. 10, 20 years from now are similar. Best of luck.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
In order for a marriage to truly blossom the couple must identify their strengths and their weaknesses. Openly acknowledge these with one another and use them to your advantage as a couple. Base joint decisions on your combined strengths. Sometimes decisions will favor her direction, other times yours. A marriage is not a competition for who rules the roost but rather a competition to see how far you can get together. Just the fact that you are openly seeking advice tells me you are not taking this lightly and will do what is necessary to make this work. Congratulations!!!

Tom

Ps. In a marriage nobody wins if one of you loses.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Well tomorrow at noon I will be a married man. Found an amazing woman a few years ago and for some reason she has stuck around. We have always focused on being better for each other and I am asking for any advice you care to share on being a better partner for someone you care about.

This forum has always been valuable to me and I've always really appreciated all the knowledge about motorcycles that y'all have shared and now i am asking you to share something different. Thanks so much.

Just be the best friend she could ever have and love will stay naturally.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
1 - 20 of 42 Posts