1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
There are guys that have Tacoma's and guys that wish they had Tacoma's. I am in the latter. The hitch carrier is great, it makes loading and unloading so easy.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There are guys that have Tacoma's and guys that wish they had Tacoma's. I am in the latter. The hitch carrier is great, it makes loading and unloading so easy.
my baby. 1891623_10202265520431500_672087162_o.jpg 10466842_10203093738976446_1270357513_n.jpg

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
That is really nice! I like my F-250 but that 10 mpg is getting old, even with gas prices falling. My F-350 motorhome gets better mpg's, ok only 11 mpg but still better.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is really nice! I like my F-250 but that 10 mpg is getting old, even with gas prices falling. My F-350 motorhome gets better mpg's, ok only 11 mpg but still better.
You going to Moab? My F-250 work truck gets 9 miles to the gallon 1937770_10202241186463166_1362828305_o.jpg but I am carrying a lot of weight in pipe and fittings.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
YES, YES I AM. Can't wait to meet you and the rest of this cast of characters I now call friends. My F-250 is 4 wheel drive with over-sized tires for the sand, that does not help its fuel economy at all.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Can't wait to meet you and the rest of this cast of characters I now call friends...Sad part is, it's 4 months away......now that sucks!:smiley:

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You going to Moab? My F-250 work truck gets 9 miles to the gallon View attachment 11635 but I am carrying a lot of weight in pipe and fittings.
I should know better then to post my work truck with company name and truck number I am sure QWERTY will call the company and say I cut him off and gave him the finger with a goat on my lap.

·
Registered
6,344 Posts
I should know better then to post my work truck with company name and truck number I am sure QWERTY will call the company and say I cut him off and gave him the finger with a goat on my lap.
I would be more worried about the dead hooker in the passenger seat! Not to mention the yard sale you had on pipe and fittings:p

Tom

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
18 more months and I am free and clear F the world.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
YES, YES I AM. Can't wait to meet you and the rest of this cast of characters I now call friends. My F-250 is 4 wheel drive with over-sized tires for the sand, that does not help its fuel economy at all.
how are you coming to Moab? will you be solo?

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Be careful with the Tacoma spring helpers! I have a 2011 Tacoma Access Cab 4/4 and have been told there is a recall coming regarding the rear springs.

Your might find the info at one of the sites that show all the recalls. If you add these helpers I would bet they would void any recall warranty. Check it out first and if you find the recall info post it here if you can.

GaryL

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Be careful with the Tacoma spring helpers! I have a 2011 Tacoma Access Cab 4/4 and have been told there is a recall coming regarding the rear springs.

Your might find the info at one of the sites that show all the recalls. If you add these helpers I would bet they would void any recall warranty. Check it out first and if you find the recall info post it here if you can.

GaryL
I am going to only put them on when I am carrying the bike on long trips easy on and off.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

GaryL
My truck has a different set up then stock.The T|X Baja adds a few new components designed to increase suspension travel. Up front, the truck receives 60mm Bilstein race shocks and TRD-tuned coil springs up front. In back, the Baja truck uses 50 mm Bilstein dampers with a remote oil reservoir. Toyota says the front suspension travel is an inch greater than stock, while the rear suspension can articulate by an extra inch and a half.

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
My truck has a different set up then stock.The T|X Baja adds a few new components designed to increase suspension travel. Up front, the truck receives 60mm Bilstein race shocks and TRD-tuned coil springs up front. In back, the Baja truck uses 50 mm Bilstein dampers with a remote oil reservoir. Toyota says the front suspension travel is an inch greater than stock, while the rear suspension can articulate by an extra inch and a half.
If your truck is a factory edition with different options it's "stock". If you've added or changed what it came with then it's not stock. So recall may still effect you.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
Has anyone found the actual recall info? I only caught a quick blurb about it on the news one evening about 3 weeks ago but have heard nothing since.

GaryL

·
Registered
8,235 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Returned the spring helpers today would not work on my Tacoma the upgraded suspension on this TRD TX Baja has heavy springs Duel reservoir gas Brillstein shocks not needed.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts