TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My son and I are getting ready to head out on Weds. night thru Sun.

Destination Baker Lake

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
I would say, "the Heavenly beams of light" suggest that you and Nate will have a Great time! Enjoy and take lots of pictures (please). Gerry

PS, did the Wife make you a little cake to bring along so you can celebrate your 'special' day?

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
My son and I are getting ready to head out on Weds. night thru Sun.

Destination Baker Lake

Looking at your pic, I see you have a front rack as well, but everything loaded on the rear rack. (Many of the loaded TW pix I see here make me think a little throttle and you'd be doing a wheelie!). Any reason your did not balance things out more and put some stuff on the front rack?

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking at your pic, I see you have a front rack as well, but everything loaded on the rear rack. (Many of the loaded TW pix I see here make me think a little throttle and you'd be doing a wheelie!). Any reason your did not balance things out more and put some stuff on the front rack?
Really the front rack is pretty useless. Everything blocks the headlight. That being said I do sometimes carry smaller stuff up there. ie: extra tubes, and a first aid kit that is pretty flat. As far as the load goes we are not going up any steep hills this time so I'm not to worried. You can look at my photobucket pics and see we loaded this several times. But I will also say if you are not carefull, yes you could find your self upside down.

http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c159/Goldenhtr/Olympic%20Mt%20Ride%2007/?start=all

·
Registered
286 Posts
Have a nice trip, and safe riding !!!

The loading looks great, except the ALOT.

Wonder if TW could handle without big problems; any tire pressure change is needed ??

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would say, "the Heavenly beams of light" suggest that you and Nate will have a Great time! Enjoy and take lots of pictures (please). Gerry

PS, did the Wife make you a little cake to bring along so you can celebrate your 'special' day?

Thanks Gerry, will do on the pics.

·
Super Moderator
1,904 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4hrs before lift off

·
Registered
158 Posts
Have a nice trip, and safe riding !!!

The loading looks great, except the ALOT.

Wonder if TW could handle without big problems; any tire pressure change is needed ??

Hey busy, after seeing what ronnydogs' TW hauls around i think hauling some sleeping bags and tents should be a breeze for any TW!

·
Registered
20 Posts
What kind of storage box are you using and how is the bag connected to the side? This looks like a fairly simple effective setup.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Baker Lake? Great place to ride and camp! I found that a good deal of the forest roads are closed off now though. You are going to need those handguards for the ones you can explore, pretty overgrown unless you can balance in the center between the ruts. Enjoy the trip!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts