TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some women sure have greater skills and credibility than others.
How many caught this bicycling news the other week? Pretty impressive at 184 mph!

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another accomplished woman although she has a crew to change her plugs.
Current holder of woman's speed record had a recent crash down under.
Don't let it be said just because one woman's credibility is currently questionable that it means all women must lose respect. The winners outnumber the losers.
Go Valerie!

·
Registered
1,861 Posts
Sliding a mile, that's an eternity. Glad she's okay

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
"...Don't let it be said just because one woman's credibility is currently questionable that it means all women must lose respect..."

Fred, which woman racer's credibility is questionable?

I don't know Valerie but I do know this very interesting bike and Denis Manning, owner/designer, etc. of the bike...all 1st class. Manning is a real character!
Former riders Rocky Robinson & Chris Carr, also tops. Am I forgetting one?
I've seen the bike run several times at B'ville...everything 1st class and professional! And f-a-s-t!

Anybody who straps into these 3-4-500 MPH monsters has "bigly" brass balls...and are my heroes!

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I am making an allusion to current US politics and Dr. Ford's testimony of alleged sexual misconduct of a high school boy when she was in college at a time and place she cannot remember. Liberal media talking heads are implying that all women's current and future credibility will suffer if we don't take her unsubstantiated testimony at face value today. This is a big power struggle to influence the flavor of our Supreme Court for decades to come.
I know political discussions are supposedly not allowed here but figured most of you could read between the lines and know that the fate, and respect, of all women is not dependant on a single women being believed or not.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If she told the truth sure.
However she claims she is claustrophobic and afraid of flying so might do better riding an open naked bike rather than a streamliner.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
This is the stupidest bastardization of a (supposedly) non-political thread/forum I have ever seen.
Fred, do you really want to lead us down that path?

Mods/Admins...do your job.

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lots of admirable women out there who deserve recognition, why not have a thread honoring individuals? For example:

The most successful female climber of Mount Everest who just returned from her ninth ascent of the highest peak said she wants to be an inspiration to all women so they too can achieve their dreams.
Lhakpa Sherpa was guiding some 50 climbers with her brother when she scaled the 8,850-meter (29,035-foot) peak last week, breaking her own record for the most climbs by a woman.
“If an uneducated woman who is a single mother can climb Everest nine times, any woman can achieve their dreams,” Sherpa said in Kathmandu on Wednesday, where she and Kami Rita, who climbed Everest for the record 22nd time, were honored by the tourism community.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
Since Fred has taken the high road I will add my thoughts. Christine Blasey Ford is a lying pawn for the scumbag far left democrats. Furthermore, if anyone on here supports the crap the leftists have pulled during this confirmation then I TRULY hope that one of your sons or relatives suffer the same "guilty until proven innocent" treatment that Brett Kavanaugh and his family have endured.

Tom

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
I don't understand why picking a side in a divisive debate in which we have no idea where the truth lies serves any purpose to those not involved. The media and politics both depend on controversy. Don't let them manipulate you for their selfish agendas.

Fred I applaud your intention and but anyone who would categorize all women based on one individual case, I would hope is not that common.

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
TW, I could not agree with you more.
Thank you.

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
I don't understand why picking a side in a divisive debate in which we have no idea where the truth lies serves any purpose to those not involved. The media and politics both depend on controversy. Don't let them manipulate you for their selfish agendas.

Fred I applaud your intention and but anyone who would categorize all women based on one individual case, I would hope is not that common.
To those not involved? We are ALL involved! Do you believe that these events occur in a vacuum? If these baseless allegations are allowed to ruin a good man how many more good peoples lives will be ruined by those with an axe to grind? In our society the burden of proof lies with the accuser NOT the accused. This is fundamental to the rule of law. Take an honest look at the facts in this case and tell me this is not a witch hunt. My argument has actually already been proven accurate as this same ploy was used by the democrats against Clarence Thomas. They are simply going back to a scumbag tactic that has worked in the past.

Tom

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My point is that most of us are smart enough to realize that the fate, success and future of women in general is not dependant on how just one women is viewed today. Media assertions of an all-or-nothing approach sort of lumps all women together in an embarrassing example of the new expanded legally accepted definition of "racism".

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Yeah, yeah, yeah...

Welcome to our Political Forum! :eek:ccasion18:

·
Registered
6,345 Posts
To all of those here who simply do not care about how our politicians and media chip away at our individual freedoms my two young boys thank you. Your complacency is sure to make this world a better place for them.............

Tom

1 - 20 of 23 Posts