TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 TW in excellent condition with 1200 miles, thanks. Blue book says $855-1350 but I'm gathering it's value is actually higher???

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
If it really is in excellent condition, I would say 2 thousand and up. Depends where you live and how many other TW's are in the area too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
No turn signals and missing a mirror.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
It has an aftermarket muffler on it also, those run 2 or 3 hundred alone. It looks pretty clean, I would grab it up and quote him the blue book price. If you can get it at blue book pricing, you did real good! It won't last long, so consider hurrying!

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
So in other words, stop reading these posts and go call the guy and make a deal!!!

Before it's gone.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
The dg exhaust is only 150. What price does he have it listed for? If you do pick it up try to get the signals, mirror and exhaust too. You may not like how loud the dg is.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
2 grand and he throws in the missing original parts.

Reactions: GaryL

·
Registered
173 Posts
Yeah, I know where that TW is at also. I have had my eye on it for a week or so. The missing turn signals is no big deal as long as the origional wiring is there (which I assume it is). I think it is a killer deal. If my tax return gets in in the next week and it is still available. I am going after it.....so hurry up before I do. :cool:

You might want to check this one out in Las Vegas as well. If your looking in Wickenburg might as well drive another few hours for this one and make a weekend out of it.
http://lasvegas.craigslist.org/mcy/4317941265.html

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
2 grand and he throws in the missing original parts.
That is the best advice you will get! If it really is super clean and has no signs of being abused I might dig a little deeper because 1200 miles is just broke in.

GaryL

·
Registered
240 Posts
You should also factor in... those tires are going to be TOAST. They may look good but the rubber (if original) is going to be really hard. It looks like it was more than likely an around town scoot >>> Look at the tinfoil/aesthetic skid-plate, if it isn't all dented up, it's probably at most only seen dirt roads.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I know where that TW is at also. I have had my eye on it for a week or so. The missing turn signals is no big deal as long as the origional wiring is there (which I assume it is). I think it is a killer deal. If my tax return gets in in the next week and it is still available. I am going after it.....so hurry up before I do. :cool:

You might want to check this one out in Las Vegas as well. If your looking in Wickenburg might as well drive another few hours for this one and make a weekend out of it.
2007 Yamaha tw 200
Or you are actually the seller trying to get top dollar and a quick sale lol! May the best (or richest) man win.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
twenty brand new hundred dollar bills speaks volumes.

Reactions: GaryL

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
He's firm on the price. Has the signals and mirror but not the muffler which is what I cared the most about. I like quiet. It's been rejetted, he didn't know if it they went bigger or smaller, I'm assuming bigger/richer, which might not fare well here since I would ride 3 to 5000 feet higher than him. So if I'm re-rejetting, trying to find a stock muffler, and replacing tires soon, not sure its the deal for me if he wont budge on price.

On a side note I've never ridden one. Looking to downsize from drz 400e. Im in decent shape but pushing 50 and the rocky singletrack around here kicks my ass, which is my primary interest. As far as I can tell a TW is 40 lbs lighter, and the seat is 6 inches lower which is good except I'm 6'1" and not sure if my knees will be in my armpits on this bike.

·
Registered
240 Posts
vidwiz, there are guys on here that are 6'5+ and also 300lbs+ riding these awesome little bikes. You really only need to ride one to get why this is such a popular bike. The forum is another awesome part of the community. You may get comments like: "You look like a monkey humping a football"... "Do you drive a circus car too?"... etc., but you can always reply: "I can explain it to you but I can't understand it for you." -Lizrdbrth

If society didn't tell you what "cool" was, how would you define it? -Me

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
The seller needs to see those new hundred dollar bills. I would offer 2100 and not a penny more. If he won't budge at all, I'd rather not deal with him. Just tell him you can't pay anymore, since you have to replace the muffler.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
If you have a Yamaha dealer near you, drop in and test drive one, or at least sit on one. It's a great bike for when you are getting a bit older and driving a bit slower anyway.

·
Registered
736 Posts
he shouldn't be 'throwing in' the original parts that came on the bike as part of a deal. why take them off in the first place. the seat isn't all that low on the Tdub, you can manage fine at 6,1. agreed on the tires, they are way old and should be replaced

1 - 20 of 22 Posts