TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '89 TW200 with two glass fuses (one active and a spare). I also have a '10 TW200 with two blade fuses (one active and a spare). Am I right that the glass fuses are rated 10 amp and the blades are 20 amp? Any good reason I should convert the '89 over to blades?

Super Moderator
As long as it is rated the same, it would be ok, but why?
I have an '89 TW200 with two glass fuses (one active and a spare). I also have a '10 TW200 with two blade fuses (one active and a spare). Am I right that the glass fuses are rated 10 amp and the blades are 20 amp? Any good reason I should convert the '89 over to blades?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
That's my question: is there any benefit to doing the conversion to blades? I'd still have to carry two different rated blade fuses as spares for the two bikes. I was just wondering if anyone had a good reason why I should make the switch. The only advantage I can think of is that blade fuses are easy to buy, but short 10 amp glass fuses are harder to find.

Super Moderator
There is something to be said for the finding of short fuses and the easy access to blade fuses. When I couldn't find the short ones, I spliced in a new one for the longer fuses.
That's my question: is there any benefit to doing the conversion to blades? I'd still have to carry two different rated blade fuses as spares for the two bikes. I was just wondering if anyone had a good reason why I should make the switch. The only advantage I can think of is that blade fuses are easy to buy, but short 10 amp glass fuses are harder to find.

Registered
For the blade type fuses you can get a CB which can replace a blade fuse. I've just ordered one (cheaper than wasting fuses as I track some electrical problems)
It was 拢5 sterling inc delivery from an app called GEEK.

There is quite a lot of motorbike items listed, I've also ordered a bunch of waterproof electrical connectors.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts