·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump!!

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Speaking of a Glock....I was traveling to work my basketball game at Convoy, Ohio, tonight, and went through the small village of Ohio City...and saw a sign that proclaimed "Glock 42 /380 $415 {new}....at the small Mom and Pop Gun Show in town....guy has a licensed gun shop in his unattached garage....I have fired many a weapon, but this is one I admit to not knowing a damn thing about...the price looks good, anybody have an opinion on this piece:confused:

Reactions: small's

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Steer clear Hoot. They have durability issues. :D
Hell, last thing I need is another handgun...but I thought the price and outside sign promoting it was interesting....I have purchased some ammo from this guy years past, and he always has a nice collection in his small shop.....

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Speaking of a Glock....I was traveling to work my basketball game at Convoy, Ohio, tonight, and went through the small village of Ohio City...and saw a sign that proclaimed "Glock 42 /380 $415 {new}....at the small Mom and Pop Gun Show in town....guy has a licensed gun shop in his unattached garage....I have fired many a weapon, but this is one I admit to not knowing a damn thing about...the price looks good, anybody have an opinion on this piece:confused:
That looks like a good deal and with new defense ammo it will do the job. www.galleryofguns.com - Gun Genie - Davidson's most popular and powerful search engine to find and buy guns at galleryofguns.com

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Reactions: Hoot Gibson

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
Allow me to interject. If you are looking for a carry anywhere/all the time gun this may be it. I have fired 50 rounds through one but did not buy it. Yet. It is accurate with very very little recoil. That price represents what I would call the "going rate" at most gun shops BUT they can be hard to find. If you are comfortable with the caliber I don't believe you can go wrong. Hope this helps and I can expound if anybody desires.

Tom

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
Looks like we woke up this "Dead Thread".....:p

Reactions: Dryden-Tdub

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
I've always been a Revolver kind of guy...but I am old enough and smart{sic} enough to know that the old 5 or 6 shooter sometimes is not what is needed in the times when extreme measures are needed.....and in this day and age, it's best to keep your options open....:cool:

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
TW-like. Good weapon, not great. Functional, nothing fancy. Carried concealed by many LEOs as a back-up/throwdown. I can understand why. Very small and easy to carry. Low perceived recoil and fairly accurate. $415 is priced too high for around here. Usually go on sale for about $349. Got ahold of a prototype from a friend in the business about six months before they hit the shelves for Angel and both she and Princess were able to shoot it well. They both loved it. Enough clearance and space on the important parts for my fat, arthritic fingers to make it work with no issues, so ergos work for a wide range of hands. Fired everything we fed it, never a problem. You like working man's guns, this is a modern rendition of that genre. Best I can say is I gave one to my son and one to my daughter-in-law for Christmas this year.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Glocks are probably the most reliable pistol platforms on the market.. the majority of police departments carry them for reason. A. G19 or g17 is the most recommended gun by most tactical trainers out there. Are they ugly? Simple? Maybe but they are reliable. A good buddy of mine goes to hand full of classes year. Putting around 1800 rounds down the pipe in two days. His g26 had over 20,000rds through it so he took it to a glock armorer cause he thought it might need a few things replaced since it had that many rounds through it. He changed one spring and said that he prolly didnt have to change it. He saaid the same things most trainers I have listened to have. Said. Only a few guns usually keep running when ran hard and hot and the glock has proven to be the most reliable. He said its funny listening to the guys who brought their $$$$ 1911's to the class making up all kinds of excuses as to why they keep jamming up when ran hard. Not hating 1911's. One of my favorite pistols to shoot but if were going to battle it would be my G19 on my side.

a review of the 42 by a tdi trainer Observations / Opinions of the Glock 42 ? Tactical Defense Institute - Tactical, Firearms Training, pistol, rifle, shotgun

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Well, I did pay more for the G42s than I did for my .45s, but the guy I bought the .45s from paid about 8 times as much as a G42 costs, and I really don't think a $3500 .45 will make a perp any deader than a $350 G42. Quicker, maybe, but not deader. I keep Angel's around for a back-up/throwdown, wouldn't consider it for a primary defense weapon because of insufficient knockdown and insufficient capacity, but for someone with hands or fashion too small for a larger weapon , it'll do quite well. I wouldn't carry anything lighter than a 10mm or .40 as primary.

Reactions: mhomadness

·
Registered
6,451 Posts
I like the Glock 42 but would rather have the Colt Mustang XSP. Neither will let you down when needed. If I were going to battle I would be carrying a FNH Five seveN.

Tom

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
For the size of the 42 I would rather have a s&w shield or similar or just bump up to a g26. I see no reason to get a 380 that is as big as most new compact 9mm unless thats just hat you want or wanting to stick to the same platform. I carry a keltec p3at in 380 most of the time. I bought it before all the small 380 craze took place. . I will probably buy a compact 9 of some sort in the future and get a good iwb holster for my g19. I carry the 380 for ease of carry and the fact that I can wear basketball shorts and a tee shirt or anything else for that matter and keep it concealed without even trying. There is a tradeoff for everything. Im thinking about a lcr9 for the motorcycle jacket. Here is a good fairly unbiased link to picking a handgun and caliber. http://tdiohio.com/handgun-selection-thoughts/

1 - 20 of 33 Posts