TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I have opened my bunker up well stocked with food ammo water and when I run out of water I have a reverse urine drinking machine setup I should be able to last 85 years.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
It is still light in Arizona we will not see it for four more hours.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Clear here and it is supposed to best viewed in about a 1/2 hour.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the Kowa spotting scope on it. You can actually see the shadow moving across the Moon scape.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
DA you are right it has started this is over my back yard fence 6:32 pm AZ time. 12050927_10206354390090686_663085903_o.jpg

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
Almost a total eclipse here in NY right now. Just a tiny sliver of moon left uncovered.

Tom

·
Super Moderator
17,926 Posts
It's all covered here except about an 1/8th, pretty red color.

It's barely above the tree line here and still not totally dark yet.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can you see the red crescent coming over the top of the Moon? Gorgeous.

Peaking right now, at 9:26 Central.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
gonna look right now. lol Forgot to click on "post reply". Eclipse is very cool. Senior moment.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey! Now that I got you guys looking into the Heavens, face the Moon. Look over your left shoulder and you will see the North Star and to the right of that you will see a constellation that looks like a distorted "W" .

See what looks like a cloud running to the south west?

That's the Milky way.

Billions and billions of stars.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Here it comes! The Moon is starting to peak back out. Get your binos, spotting scope, telescope if you got one and watch it come back out.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
The moon is very low. We had to go to the local school field to see it and when we got there it was in full eclipse. So very hard to find.
Luckily a guy had the star app and we were able to find a sliver of it showing. Too many city lights, need to be out in the back country.
Here it is also a blood moon eclipse.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
With my point and shoot, didn't get outstanding photos, but I did get a few that I enjoy....the skies were partly cloudy, then cloudy, and all of a sudden, about an hour ago they opened up bright and clear:

Moon full monty 1.jpg Moon Full Monty Red.jpg Blood Moon 011.JPG

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Here is my favorite shot....just as the clouds met the clear, and right before the Big E began.... Full Moon 9 27.png

1 - 20 of 22 Posts