TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you might remember that the Weasel bought a Go Pro before the TW trip to Big Bend early this year. I posted a couple of his first efforts from that trip. I did that by simply grabbing them from his youtube page.

Then a couple things happened. Fred started shooting video. Weasel said he wanted me to teach him to white water kayak (I have a lot of time in on that sport) and I broke down and bought a Go Pro too so I could video him getting full on havoc in hydraulics and waves...good times. (yes, he got a roll down, far from having combat roll skills but he did pull off a few decent flat water efforts...just takes time) Anyways, my videos came out rather well. In a recent PM Fred asked me about morning ride videos, I use to post some shot by others on weekend mornings. Got to thinking I might shoot a few myself when things mellow around the farm.

Here's my question. In order to post videos do I have to host them somewhere, or can I just upload them from my computer? I have the Go Pro app and have had no problem uploading the videos to my tablet. Can I just access them on the tablet and post them, or do I have to host them somewhere with a URL in order for it to work?

Probably a simple question for most, but anyone who knows me also knows that I am very computer challenged.

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
I put mine on u tube.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying to avoid putting mine somewhere public other than here. I still have a hard time getting around the fact that I participate in an online forum. :D Might cause some kind of downward slide...facebook, twitter, snap chatting or what ever they call it, blogging (sorrys Hoot).

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Anything more than a smart apple comment on a forum is social media. You've got at least two brain cells so the addictive aspect of social media is just something to which you are immune. Don't worry about it.

·
Registered
20,211 Posts
I use u-tube since it offers soundtracks to mask my huffing and puffing but I share the concern r.e. too public. Here are other free hosting sites, some offer private URLs you could then paste here, but once here they are public again, perhaps with a much smaller audience than Utube though. VideoBam is one I briery looked at since it offers large file uploads.Video Hostings - free video hosting sites

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
I'm trying to avoid putting mine somewhere public other than here. I still have a hard time getting around the fact that I participate in an online forum. :D Might cause some kind of downward slide...facebook, twitter, snap chatting or what ever they call it, blogging (sorrys Hoot).
Nothing to be sorry about...the only ones "hooked" on social media are those without a life off the Internet....I may spend 1 hour a day, 90 minutes as most, on the Internet at all....30 minutes or so in the AM and maybe the same as evening....there are others however who choose to live their days in cyber space, and that is their choice. Enjoy what time you spend on the big I and don't get sucked into the BS....:p

And yes, as far as You~Tube, make the vids private/hidden and show them to only whom you want....son does that with the Grandsons, so they can only be viewed by who he and his wife choose.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
Nothing to be sorry about...the only ones "hooked" on social media are those without a life off the Internet....I may spend 1 hour a day, 90 minutes as most, on the Internet at all....30 minutes or so in the AM and maybe the same as evening....there are others however who choose to live their days in cyber space, and that is their choice. Enjoy what time you spend on the big I and don't get sucked into the BS....:p
Like I said, you've got at least 2 brain cells, which makes you at least twice as cognitively capable as the typical social media user. The only time I get on is when I have nothing else to do. I often go days, weeks, and sometimes months without using the internet except for route planning. Actually, this forum is about all the social media I do anymore and a couple of whiners have made it a grumpy experience, so I usually don't post as much, sometimes not at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts