TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drove through Nevada City on Friday where they are having a fund drive to enact some proscribed grazing. Nice proven strategy for that overgrown area of high wildfire risk. They have some $25,000 donated so far.
I would like some goats here for fire prevention but fear the cougars would like goats for snacks.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
I have a bunch of goats. They are really amazing animals. Great for clearing brush, nuisance plants, etc. Recommended. :icon_thumbright:
good eating too. :)

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
I am going to build a "ridge" in my back acre to climb on my TW. I have seen many piles of dirt in peoples yards overgrown with weeds. I guess because they can't mow them. The goats would be great to "mow" these hills, I think. I guess I'm assuming they like climbing as much as I've heard they do.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Fred, don't think a "pen" is going to keep any goats you would get safe....:). Don't you have a spare bedroom?. That submerged dam sigh looks like the one I've seen near sycamore ranch campground. I think the creek by campground feeds into the Yuba river.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts