TW200 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,405 Posts
Definitely a good destination. That was an enjoyable early moring stop on way home from Moab clan gathering in 2015. The lighting as sun rose over Hoo-Doo's horizon was very nice.
It was a toss up between Goblin Valley or the hike into Great Gallery. I should have done both and just arrived home a bit later with another bucket-list item checked off..
So did you make it to the rock art panels deep in Horseshoe Canyon? horseshoe5.jpg 5476446547_52907f3a87_o.jpg Grand-Gallery.jpg

. Great Gallery, Horseshoe Canyon is "nearby" in the Utah sense of the word, only 28 miles by air.:) Goblin to Great Gallery.jpg

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yes, Fred I have been to the Great Gallery. It's one of my favorite petroglyph panels.
There is a petroglyph near Moab, that during the summer solstice has a beam of light that shines on a triangle over the head of a snake, and it's not visible any other time of year.
I will post some pics of other petroglyphs in the area later on.
For now since I think I know how to post pictures, I will post a few more of a trip to Goblin Valley, a couple years ago.
Here are a couple pics of Newspaper Rock down in the Needles section of Canyonlands though, have you been there?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts