TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

God help us...I just bought my 1st TW200

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Point37 
#1 ·
I will try to update the trails I travel...please welcome me into the fold of tortoise lovers.

#3 ·
I bought a stock 2012 with only 63 miles...yes the one from Caribou Maine....they agreed to deliver it to Portland Maine...only 2 hours north of me. It now sits in my garage with 71 miles on the odometer. Both front and back cycleracks are in transit. Let the suggestions begin.

#5 ·
@Kwizard, thank you for the welcome and the er...um warning. Perhaps yes I have just begun to spend. But I really hope that I can depend on the folks on this board to guide me on what I can expect from any mod. I also just want to say...that this bike came from Caribou Maine. What If I post from San Diego CA...will it be the farthest travelled TW? ah who knows? I only know, I will update this BBS as to its travels.

#8 ·
... this bike came from Caribou Maine. What If I post from San Diego CA...will it be the farthest travelled TW? ah who knows?

If not, it would likely be in the top 5. These bikes are seriously underrated and underutilized for long-term travel. We do have at least one member who is semi-perpetually on the road with his and a few of us have done trips in the 2,000+ mile range, but Maine to S.D. definitely the long way across.

I think it's safe to say that someone from this crew will have your back in nearly any state in the Union.

#6 ·
I dare say that equipment/ mod questions can be answered with a few minutes of searching; which always the best way to start. This is a great forum, and we've got some members with high levels of skill in various necessary mechanical arts, and riding expertise. We have members from all over the world, and many have impressive tales of daring feats, and adventures posted here on this site. We have members that have travelled great distances over widely varying terrain, and atmospheric conditions. We await your stories with great anticipation, as we do for all that share in our love of the MIGHTY TEE DOUBLE U 200(and occasional 225, and 250).

#7 ·
Fear not for you have not just purchased a Ducati or other wonderful exotic and yet expensive bike to own and operate. The TW can also be driven to excessive modi-polusa status, but not nearly to the scale of cabbage required as many other bikes. A very sensible purchase in my humble opinion. I've had several TWs only to move on to other bikes and yet come back to the TW with out fail. The TW doesn't have a site of this caliber of folks for no reason. Watch and see. If you move on to another bike do yourself a favor and keep the TW.

Reactions: Darth
#10 ·
Woo Hoo! I wanna follow a ride report across the country!!! As far as upgrades.... the sky is the limit! I've got mine tore down to the bare frame at the moment, I want mine to be a bike I can jump on and ride across the country!! On all backroads of course... A man can dream!

Enjoy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.