TW200 Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Goggles

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Tweaker 
#1 ·
Monday, I will be picking up my new TW200. Don't know where I should have posted this. I have a Bell motocross hat on the way. I need some goggles. But I wear prescription glasses. Any advice? Never used goggles before. Always just wore a full coverage helmet with a shield. Thanks

#2 ·
Rx goggles are hella expensive and are easily damaged or destroyed.
Since you already have a MX style helmet on the way, I'd suggest you get a good pair of "over the glasses goggles".
Take the helmet & glasses to a good bike shop and try on all they have.
If you didn't already have a helmet I'd suggest you try some dual sport helmets...they are full face but have more protruding chinbars and wider opening flip-up shields. Or remove the shield and have a MX helmet!
I have an Arai XD model and love it, on & off-road.

Oh, and welcome to TW Land!

#3 ·
You posted in the right section.

Welcome to the forum!! Enjoy and jump right in if you have questions anytime.

:D

Reactions: little buddy
#5 ·
I take my over the glasses goggles seriously. I have a short window for open face helmet riding. When I get it, I want the best. I bought Bobster Night Hawk Over The Clear Lens Glass Goggles. On a scale of 1-10, these are a 20 to 30. I do not know why anyone would want any other over the glasses goggles. I got them from Leather Up which is a good outfit to deal with. MBW

#6 ·
There are two reasons why you just have to try every combination you can. I've had glasses since 5th grade, and I ski as well, so I have tried many different types of over the glasses goggles. I have also used regular goggles and simply cut about a 1/4 inch wide slit in the foam where the temples are. The other reason is that some goggles that will fit over your glasses just fine will be difficult to don or remove due to the configuration of the helmet.

And if your helmet has a beak, think about these: https://www.amazon.com/Roko-Sports-Goggle-Quick-Strap/dp/B000WK0X82
I take my goggles off whenever I'm below about 10 mph and just put them back up when a truck comes around the corner trailing a dust cloud.

#7 ·
I think we both have scott L googles lightly smoked. Mine work good for my regular glasses not so good with my current perscription sun glasses.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.