TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And again I went into a house and found abuse this time it was a boy 3 or 4 years old and was in a dipper that was full and his body was covered with bruises back arms head chest and he looked at me and smiled.

this time the kid was not bleeding from his ears!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Atrocious.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that, but glad you do for their sake.

I was beaten as a child (toddler through 14 or so) by my mother whilst my family made excuses for her temper and and turned blind eyes across the board, and thought it was normal to have to miss days from school so bruises wouldn't show etc.
I now see someone to deal with my chronic anger, have made a lot of meaningful realisations and am just trying to be better.

6016.jpg

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Atrocious.

I'm sorry you have to deal with that, but glad you do for their sake.

I was beaten as a child (toddler through 14 or so) by my mother whilst my family made excuses for her temper and and turned blind eyes across the board, and thought it was normal to have to miss days from school so bruises wouldn't show etc.
I now see someone to deal with my chronic anger, have made a lot of meaningful realisations and am just trying to be better.

View attachment 10276
I'm sorry to hear your life was so difficult as a child. One thing I have learned in my 58 years is forgiveness. The day you truly forgive is the day you start living. Two of my favorite authors that changed my life are Eckhart Tolle and Wayne Dyer. I'm also a Christian and the Bible is my road map.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Thank you, I am still always sure I had it better than a lot of others.
I have forgiven my family, and dealt with most of this once my mother passed on, so there is closure.

I also love Eckhart Tolle!
That's wonderful. Not many people I know say they love Eckhart Tolle. I studied his books like they were a College course. It was life changing for me I live such a peaceful life NOW.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
There is a great deal of insight in Eckhart Tolle's work. His material has a place in our house along with others who offer a trail map for deeper personal growth.

zdiver1 - you must be compelled to report child abuse by law... What are the reporting laws in Arizona?

Being exposed to this through your employment can result in you experiencing vicarious trauma which can adversely affect your personal life. Make sure you are debriefing these experiences/events with someone skilled in critical incident debriefing.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Hi guys: I would wish to punch a like button but this shit is too grim. I am amazed at the brutality some inflict on others needlessly, and on the ability of some to forgive the most horrible of experiences. The twin faces of the human race.

·
Super Moderator
1,919 Posts
And again I went into a house and found abuse this time it was a boy 3 or 4 years old and was in a dipper that was full and his body was covered with bruises back arms head chest and he looked at me and smiled.

this time the kid was not bleeding from his ears!

Z, I hope you report these cases to the right authorities. I have grandkids 1-5 years old and I can't even think straight when I hear stuff like this.:mad:

·
Banned
4,030 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Z, I hope you report these cases to the right authorities. I have grandkids 1-5 years old and I can't even think straight when I hear stuff like this.:mad:
I made the call as soon as I got in my truck I was going to take pictures but the mother got really pissed off at the boy and grab him and put him back in an empty room. Now the one a few years back I was turning on the gas at an apartment a four year old boy walk up and was asking me what I was doing so I was telling him and them his mother came out and said get the F--- over here and I said he is ok I am explaining things to him that is how kids learn, so she walks over to him and hits him in his head that is when I notice dry blood in his ear and then it started bleeding I called the police a car was on seen in two minutes she was arrested and it turned out the kid had a skull fracture and a broken arm that was never treated cigarette burns on his arms this made it on the local news I never had to go to court.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
ZD, talk to your HR about reporting requirements. I expect legal jeopardy is not what you want to spend your retirement funds on. If I was in your shoes I'd have dialed 911 from the truck, maybe punched the adult(s) there in the throat just because. Yes, I tend to over react to child abusers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts