TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Our hiking trip to Devils Nose WV was rescheduled until the 17th due to Mike’s flu. My son suggested that we take our Four Wheelers so decided to let Sean use my four wheeler and I would convert Ruth 2006 from a high geared 45 tooth to a low geared 65 tooth setup. I removed my everyday rack Dryden gave me and installed my Cycle Rack I’m going to needed the larger rack so I can haul my gear to the camp site.
It all started when Mike found a new area that he wanted to camp at that is deeper into the woods. It’s farther in and we would have to hike over the mountain.
If anyone is interested please join us.

67593D29-C2FE-41D3-8C90-38ACB6B4F1A1.jpeg

CE4FB090-15A8-46B8-BDC2-0204CAA5A04D.jpeg

37E26767-F554-4354-B042-BDEA2AF01FFA.jpeg

·
Registered
457 Posts
This it the stuff i was interested in doing when I bought my TW. I am mostly road riding for now until I can get someone else around here interested. Still working toward it as my setup. If you were within a couple hundred miles I would take you up on the ofer to join in. Keep us updated.

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
This it the stuff i was interested in doing when I bought my TW. I am mostly road riding for now until I can get someone else around here interested. Still working toward it as my setup. If you were within a couple hundred miles I would take you up on the ofer to join in. Keep us updated.
I mainly bought my TW in case the SHTF and camping. I’ve owned it fours now and I’m finally getting the chance to pull it off. Hopefully we don’t get a big snowstorm. :D

·
Registered
19,213 Posts
Sprocket looks like it could also saw up plenty of firewood once you're in camp. saw.jpg
:pSounds like a good plan Top, hope rest of you can avoid the flue. Thank you for the open forum invitation. Good Man!

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is the matching rear wheel if I could just find a swing arm. D haha

I haven’t tryed out this sprocket yet it came on a basket case bike I bought a couple years ago. It should be fun :blob6:

60854E08-41DE-44E1-B779-BA744AA7163C.jpg

View attachment 155482

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
How badass does this sprocket look? :D. To save money I had bought a stock DID chain just to use for this setup. After removing my HD DID o Ring chain I noticed the difference in overall size. It’s no wonder that the stock chains stretch so bad, it’s significantly smaller in diameter. I should have taken a side by side picture.

85C6074A-058B-471E-8652-5802ABF9B786.jpeg

Up front I have extra gas, air pump and a bottle of Fix-a-Flat.

B2247E8F-80AE-4456-A5B0-819228EEA2EA.jpeg

I have a question for someone who has used these Versa Packs. Will this work without the side racks? I have this Dryspec heat shield which I’m hoping will protect the bag.

DA4DA14D-A87C-410E-8739-40677CD620F4.jpeg

7D804E68-355C-4D2A-8969-9D9D44E14E01.jpeg

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Nice Rick. The heat shield may work fine, but you don't want the bags swinging into the wheel well... I'd try testing them before heading out...
How badass does this sprocket look? :D. To save money I had bought a stock DID chain just to use for this setup. After removing my HD DID o Ring chain I noticed the difference in overall size. It’s no wonder that the stock chains stretch so bad, it’s significantly smaller in diameter. I should have taken a side by side picture.

View attachment 155578

Up front I have extra gas, air pump and a bottle of Fix-a-Flat.

View attachment 155586

I have a question for someone who has used these Versa Packs. Will this work without the side racks? I have this Dryspec heat shield which I’m hoping will protect the bag.

View attachment 155594

View attachment 155602

·
Registered
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Is that DrySpec shield to protect bags from muffler heat ?? Good Idea, I had not seen before but resolves a problem I was fore seeing.
Yes I bought it to protect the bag after another member on this forum burnt his bag up

·
Registered
19,213 Posts
Top, I bent up a "U" shape of wire shelving to support my VersaPacs. Bags are zip-tied to wire frame and then whole assembly simply slips over Cyclerack. In camp assembly can be lifted off bike and placed anywhere convenient and level. A mighty $8 so for a 6 foot piece from Home Depot and an hour of so of cutting and fitting might work for you. white-closetmaid-shelves-shelf-brackets-4717-64_1000.jpg

·
Registered
19,213 Posts
Cheap and not bomb proof but still work OK. I made two, one big set for camp, one small for day rides. They are a bit worn but are otherwise holding up.

If one unclips the top bag then the wire framework makes a small table. Odd cut-outs on wire are to clear my RotoPak mount. Wire frame can be pulled back out of way if after some bouncing around bags come close to tire. Assemblies are either tied, strapped, or zip tied to CycleCrack.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,213 Posts
Sorry Ronny, "Invalid Attachments" make your images not viewable.

·
Registered
19,213 Posts
Maybe viewing fault is on my end. Odd.
Sometimes using the edit function and re-posting the photos works.
So, what am I missing?:D

1 - 20 of 27 Posts