TW200 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Going Out Of Business Sale - - - EVERYTHING IS SOLD !!!

:cool::cool:EVERYTHING IS SOLD !!!

For the last seven years, I've run a motorcycle training business in northern Illinois. I shuttered the doors this year and have 5 TWs to sell. I've bought and sold a number of bikes because I wanted my clients to be riding newer, nice looking bikes, vice what you see at most training schools. In the past I've had 2003, 2004, 2005 and 2006 models. The ones that remain have all just had the oil and filter changed and ready for winter storage or riding. All in excellent condition - never been in the woods or on the street. They are all stock, so you know what they look like, so I won't post pictures of each bike just yet. As I get some time this week, I will post photos.

Here's the list with miles. I would like to sell them for a fair price, because I'd really like the capital for a new venture, so . . . make me an offer that I can accept. Can you guess which one I've been saving for myself?

2009 690 miles $3300
2009 1200 miles $3100
2008 2095 miles $2800
2008 2130 miles $2800
2007 2066 miles $2600

I have some spare parts that I will throw in for buyers. First come first served.

I also have 4 low mileage Honda Rebels (white 2006, red 2007, blue 2009, black 2009) just in case you know anybody that would like one. Email is the best way to contact me. I am happy to show the bikes to anyone willing to look. Larry

EVERYTHING IS SOLD !!!

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I'll take a guess! Since I am a firm believer that the model year of TWs after 2001 is meaningless, go for the one with the least miles on it.

This sounds like a great opportunity for guys and gals local to you to score a lightly used TW. Wish I was closer so I could come and take a look.

GaryL

·
Registered
240 Posts
I'd go for the best runner (seat of the pants judgement), not just the lowest mileage. You can have three exact bikes come off the dealer floor and they'll run differently. Which ones were assembled on Monday or Friday? Let those go first. I've also read somewhere in the forum that certain years are more susceptible than others to develop base gasket leaks. Get rid of those next. Since it was your school, you probably know the maintenance side of them really well; which one(s) have had the most shavings/dirtiest oil.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts