TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called the ranger's office today and asked how busy it was. The lady said it was dead. She said all the kids are back in school.

So if anyone wants to play hooky and meet up there I should be there about 11:00 or 11:30. I plan on riding the Challenge Loop.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
color me jealous. have a great ride.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Wish I was closer. have fun! I still have never been to Hollister.

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Geeze, need more notice than that. Would have love to have gone. Bet today is the last day for a while that won't be muddy.
josh

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Geeze, need more notice than that. Would have love to have gone. Bet today is the last day for a while that won't be muddy.
josh
It wasn't even in my plans until yesterday when I called.

Sunny, dry days are coming! There will be plenty of opportunities.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tony, so how is it?
Josh
Josh -- Overall I would have to say pretty darn good! I rode almost 20 miles and saw one other rider and that was from a distance. Like Sheetiron 2, much of the dust on the trails was turned to dried adobe which made it nice. Temps were on the cool side but I was still sweating pretty good. The hills are trying to turn green.

The Challenge Loop is made up of 10 black diamond trails linked together. Trail #8 (?) is closed for the rainy season, so I went on the first 7 trails then made a big loop around and picked up trail #9 to complete what I could. In your report of Cow Mt. you and Mike mention a technical trail you guys were on and many times I wondered how it compared to the trails I was on.

I did manage to go off one trail over an embankment -- fortunately a small embankment -- but the resulting fall had my foot sweeping across the sky in the video. When I watched it last night I thought to myself how familiar it looked. To get back on the main trail I had to follow the trail left by those that went before me. I wasn't the first to lose it at that spot. The only explanation I have for going over the side there was because I took my eyes off the trail. It really shouldn't have happened. It was not a hard spot to ride.

I would love to go back next week but with this rain we are having now and the predicted rain I think I will be grounded for the next 2 or 3 weeks. Tony

1 - 8 of 8 Posts