TW200 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Long time Buddies Boarder255 and Adam-in-Nevada met up the other weekend to camp and ride together in the deep soils of the forested flanks of the central sierra's pacific slope. Don't normally go to official ORV places but the deep organic soils of this area were entirely too seductive. Here is a quick video:

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
Looks like a fun place.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
So nice.

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Nice time of year to visit, snow has melted to mud & almost no dust yet.
Dry summers and traffic will eventually churn these trails into fluffy dust in places. We were there just late enough in the season to regret neglecting to bring any mosquito spray. Still lots of high country seasonal snow closures and most of official fee based campgrounds are also closed.
Lots of isolated primitive campsites were available to a first time visitor like me; we had a good one but could have had several better ones had we only known. The guys were already on the road and my job as the scout was to find us a good spot for both a trailer and a hammock we could all find. Not a problem with only three of us, harder with a dozen TWs. These days texting works about half the time if on high ground near a trans mountain arterial. Never saw a ranger so he/she could issue me my annual camp fire permit but we sat around the fire chatting till late anyways.
A fellow could get hooked on these smooth forested single and double tracks that plunge steeply from mile high ridgelines into deep canyons hosting scenic flowing rivers.

·
Registered
13,420 Posts
Ya just gotta love Neature. We haven't been out for a couple weeks other than my afternoon ride over the weekend. I'm sure the usual camping places will be busy this weekend.

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That Pepperbottom dude may be pretty neat but I'ld rather not run into him over this weekend.

·
Registered
19,604 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about a new video version edited differently with less geriatric music?
It just might make it seem like I'm riding a teeny bit faster....:p
Countour 2+ camera
60fps
720dpi
iMovie editing software
Reggae Death Squad "Rub My Face" for all you young whippersnappers.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
I don't know what the issue is, but I do not get any videos anymore. Pictures are fine but would love to join in on the nice rides. I just got back from Alaska and plan a eastern Oregon ride with the best friends on the forum. will be headed north the week after for a month or so. Anyone interested in doing the Alcan with me. I will taking my cargo trailer along with some toys and do some stops to do an overnighter in a motel of sorts. Will be a ride and if you want to take a bike, will take the time and have a place to stop to take a break and a meal. Plenty of gas on board to get us through. I will put this up on adventures.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ah...Ok well like the vids and also the area you're ridng.

www.tw200Forum.com says

an error occurred OK

1 - 13 of 13 Posts