TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 26 years old and new to TW200s. I just joined this forum the other day to try to get some insight on my upcoming purchase of my first TW200 .. It's a 95' model with around 2k miles.. The guy is someone I work with and said he'd sell me the bike for $800 .. Is this a good buy? Any feedback would be helpful, thanks in advance! image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Registered
I would be on that like white on rice! Any running TW in decent condition is well worth the $800.

GaryL

Registered
He didn't say it was running. However that is one clean 95. It looks to have been stored in gauze and Vaseline. If the engine is not frozen, its good to go IMHO. Tom
The first picture has the headlight and signals on so I would take a guess it is running or at least has a good battery.

GaryL

Registered
welcome westky,

simple answer: yes. that is a '95 rainbow warrior, which appears to be in totally stock form.
http://tw200forum.com/forum/general-discussion/10362-tdubs-year-photo-collection.html

2000 miles is barely broken in, but you'll need to replace a few things if you are looking for a safe, reliable ride.

1. tires. that is the original front, which at 21 yrs is not safe on the road, and not very stable off road. assume to rear is original too. $250+/- for both.
2. oil. swap the oil before running it. the oem metal screen is fine to use, but if you replace it with a pleated filter make sure it is the CORRECT one. it should have four holes arranged in a circle around the large hole that goes in towards the motor.
3. chain you may need to swap if it has not been cared for.

ride it and figure out your needs before you start modding it and spending extra money. there's lots that can be done with them, but having fun should be #1.

Registered
Welcome to the forum Westky, you have a mountain of knowledge at this forum. If you end up getting the bike ask every question you can because you will get an honest answer!

Registered
The paintjob alone adds 5hp and at least 10mph more to your top speed :cool: if it runs well snag it, do the initial work joeband outlined and ride it like ya stole it cause you pretty much did!

Registered
I would also recommend a healthy dose of Sea Foam to the first tank of gas.
It will clean & remove water condensation from tank and carb.
I put a small dose in each tank...damn Ethanol gasoline!
Get it at any auto parts joint, Wally World, etc.
Your chain should be fine if it's not rusted. Give it a good clean & lube with the right aerosol chain lube.

Oh! Welcome to the forum and have fun with that fine bike!

Registered
Also, whether you have to replace the battery or not, invest in a Battery Tender Jr.
Wire the fused pigtail with connector from your battery, it will stay on the bike, hidden behind a sidecover, ready for quick use.
Anytime you're not riding the bike, keep Jr. plugged in. It will keep battery hot but can not overcharge. It's magic.
And will add much life to any but a totally deceased battery.

Super Moderator
Thanks everybody. The bike runs and drives like a dream, I went and test droveit and it ran great, shifted well, no noises to the engine, just a great running bike. This will be the first bike I have owned and I appreciate all the advice.
Did you get it then?? :D ;) And it has a new garage to live in?? Or will it come in the house and get parked next to the bed?? :p

Registered
I went and test drove it and it ran great, shifted well, no noises to the engine,
are you sure you rode a TW200? ;)

they are a lot of fun.

Registered
Discussion Starter #18
Haha positive. The bike was owned by an older man who bought it brand new and just rode it around the farm. He decided he wasn't gonna ride it anymore said he was getting to old so he sold it to the guy I'm buying it from that has an atv shop on the side. The bike is pretty well pristine.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts