TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a good day yesterday.
I was out exploring the forest service roads to the East, so I was prepared to get lost:
DSCF0333.JPG
Not the most elegant solution, but effective, and put my mind at ease.
After about 90 kms of gravel roads and discovering some cool little campsites, I found my way back down into Kelowna.
Decided to come home on the highway and just outside Peachland I see a guy pushing his bike. I pull over & ask if there is anything I can do, he says he ran out of gas. I just grin & say I happen to have some! We chat while he pours a couple of litres, he tries to give me a few bucks but I tell him I'm just happy to help. After he takes off I get a phonecall, and as I'm talking 2 other bikes stop (2 minutes apart!) to see if I need anything! All 3 of these guys were what most people would call "Bikers", Harleys, leather, denim vests w/patches. But we were all on 2 wheels, so...:D

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
looks can be deceiving...

Reactions: TWilight

·
Registered
20,625 Posts
Good man there GTG, excellent road-side assistance. Somehow with your avatar I was not surprised to hear of your good deed.

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Good job! That's exactly why I carry extra fuel. not just for me.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Good man there GTG, excellent road-side assistance. Somehow with your avatar I was not surprised to hear of your good deed.
...erm, took me a minute, but that does look like a halo doesn't it? lol. It's not mean't to be, I assure you. That was drawn for me by a cartoonist friend who does work on The Simpsons comic books.

·
Registered
13,897 Posts
Good that you could help. Reading these always brightens my day there are still some decent human beings out there. I'm smiling right now.

For the record, by looking at me, some people think I'm a real admiral, but they would be wrong. Heck, I haven't even played one on TV. However, I can tell what water looks like and how to sink a TW while crossing it!

Moral of the story. I can carry extra gas, but can't ride across water!

·
Registered
3,584 Posts
....... That was drawn for me by a cartoonist friend who does work on The Simpsons comic books.
THAT'S why your avatar looks so familiar! Resembles a certain character, don't he? :p

AND, I'm going to start carrying extra gas more often, even when I don't need it, after reading this great story.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts