TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I have the same exact ones. You won't regret, especially at that price.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I just bought the terra evo lows for about the same on FC-Moto... I paid way more for my original Forma adventures, but worth every penny.

Do people buy used motorcycle boots since they cost quite a bit more than regular boots?

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just bought the terra evo lows for about the same on FC-Moto... I paid way more for my original Forma adventures, but worth every penny.

Do people buy used motorcycle boots since they cost quite a bit more than regular boots?
I've seen used boots for sale but not sure anyone is buying. I wouldn't. Most footwear molds to your individual feet.
Isn't FC-Moto in Europe?

·
Registered
536 Posts
It is, but shipping cost was the same, and the terra evos online in the US, it was had to find them "legitimately" below 230. FC Moro has them up for 219, then the site had a 10% discount promo. Ended up finding a free shipping code... came out the gate at $196. Not too shabby, just gotta wait a few days longer.

·
Registered
326 Posts
I forget which boots I bought from FC-Moto but they were less expensive and unless you have a large retail establishment near you their shipping was at least as fast as any of the online suppliers I've bought from. Same with the Visor Shop. Their tires are less expensive including shipping and I've gotten them in three days.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I got the Forma Adventure Low boots from the same seller for $150 last March. They are legitimate Forma boots and I love 'em!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just ordered a pair. Great deal. Make no mistake they don't give e you the protection of a true MX boot. But for adventure riding they're great especially if your planning to walk around a bit.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like to explore and I go out solo so I don't do anything crazy off road. My other pair is TCX Street Ace which I use for short trips around town.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have been looking at a pair of those. Thanks for the link. Quick question for those that own Forma boots. Do they fit somewhat true to your normal foot size? I ask because I have a pair of Alpinestars Tech boots and I had to drop a whole foot size and they are still a touch roomy. Thanks!

SR1

·
Registered
13,810 Posts
If you get these add on's you should have almost MX protection and be able to walk around. Remove them for the longer hikes. Wala, the solution!:ROFLMAO:

Just kidding, I'm sure Forma's are a good boot for your purpose.

Attachments

Reactions: TWBigBlake

·
Registered
536 Posts
I found them to be pretty close to standard sizing. I was using the forma adventure tall boots all last year, they just get better once they are nice and broken in too.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Mine come tomorrow. I plan to wear them around the house all winter so they are well and broken in come riding weather.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I ride with full on plastic moto boots when I go off road, but I was thinking about getting something like these for commuting and around town. Question for you guys that have them already - can you get them under your jeans? I'm just not into the over the pant look!

·
Registered
20,505 Posts
Always tuck my pants into the Formas.
Made in Romania rather than Italy these days but still lives up to the Italian tradition of quality materials and workmanship.
Have had some stitching failures after severe impacts, and grinding soles agains trailside rocks has resulted in a lot of abrasion over 3 years.
I used expanding balloons of freezing ice overnight to stretch leather in tight toe box area when first purchased but I have wide Neanderthal feet... order a normal size, or one half larger for average buyer.
Waterproof internal gaiter is only about 8" high so going in water deeper results in a bootful of water that does not drain away.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Just got my terra evo low boots from fc-Moto... took a little longer but can't beat that price!!! They def feel beefier than the adventures, and definitely need to be broken in...

Time for round two of Blake explaining to his girlfriend that he isn't completely insane because he's fully clothed sitting on the edge of the bathtub with his new motorcycle boots completely submerged in hot water.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts