1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
583 Posts
Considering I just paid around $60.00 for just an 0-ring chain that is a smoking deal.

What is the saying??...."A day late and a dollar short".....

·
Registered
39 Posts
I wish I had know 2 days ago when I was ordering my o-ring chain from amazon... I am almost tempted to sent it back and order this one.

·
Registered
4,309 Posts
I've never heard of Volar before, has anyone here used these? Actually googled it, it seems they have some issues... DID for me.

·
Registered
1,050 Posts
Thanks T, just ordered a set for Momma's bike. Procrastinating finally pays off !!

Bag

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will that set fit an 03

Yes, it's 126 links. If anything you may have to cut afew links off if you run stock. I run a 52 tooth sprocket and use 126 links.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Weird, they only have the chain and sprocket deal for certain years...

What could be different in the chain and sprockets year to year?

I have a 2012 running stock currently.

Searched on google and this company comes up for an o ring search but, though the picture is one of an o ring box, the description is different...

http://www.d2moto.com/p-50918-1995-2012-yamaha-tw200-tw200c-trailway-chain-and-sprocket-kit-black.aspx

Still tempted cause the price is right, but really want to have an o ring more than new sprockets....

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would get the 126 link chain and sprocket set. Yes it will fit your 2012. You can cut off a few links and save them if you ever want to go bigger. Save the sprockets or sell them here to someone that is in need.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Thanks for the reply, will do....

Now, will a bicycle chain tool work on a motorcycle chain or do i need a new tool?

·
Registered
174 Posts
coupon code; WS25 makes these sprocket/chain combos around $40 today. Plus free shipping. might be worth trying out, although it is a non o-ring chain. I just saw my front sprocket had shark toothed and I wanted to try a 50/55 dual rear so its like buying the two sprockets and getting the chain for free:

tw200

·
Registered
174 Posts
Link doesn't work for me and when I select the TW200 and a chain/sprocket kit, the choices that pop up do not say it's o-ring chain;

TW200 Chain Sprocket

What am I doing wrong?
my apologies, its not an o-ring chain. I knew that but hadn't fully read the title, honestly. I found the thread by looking for d2moto instead of by the chain type.

I apologize for any confusion, but i did just notice i mentioned that in my post.

·
Super Moderator
1,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 18 of 18 Posts