TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
192.JPG we came across this guy on a drive around the south end of the lake at Sand Hollow Utah this summer. I have no idea how they got him out. it had been there for the week end. only a bone head would sink $100,00 rig in the sand. the state park on the north side was empty, so I guess dry camping was way more expensive than full hook ups this time!

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Does look like a complicated extraction. A glance shows the ground to be quite loose and sandy. Yet somehow the clever tow truck operators usually untangle these messes short of using a SkyCrane.

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
Forgot color of truck, but you would've told me the story long before now if it had been you. However, not trying to save a buck camping or anything, but I've been in situations like that, though it was in the army!!:p

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
The first time we vacationed in Maine we came upon a young couple sitting on the tail gate of their truck in the middle of the night and stopped to see if they needed help. The fellow said yes but shinned his spot light out on his tent that was under about 4 feet of water. Never pitch your tent in Low Tide! Just about 100 yards past where they were camped there was a sign, No Camping!

GaryL

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Forgot color of truck, but you would've told me the story long before now if it had been you. However, not trying to save a buck camping or anything, but I've been in situations like that, though it was in the army!!:p
yes i'm sure I would have said something if that were me, and I"m sure in that story, I wouldn't have been the driver at that moment, (hint, hint) BUT I don't think I would have posted it

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you sure it was Sand Hollow, Utah ? because The Admiral lives in...Sand Hollow, Idaho :eek:

We know it wasn't the Admirals' rig.....or being driven by Mrs. Admiral, because....there was no Mule trailer behind the pee-cup. :D

Guys like this driver always believe that their 4WD rig will get them through situations like this. Wonder if the driver burned up the trans or transfer case trying to get out of there?
i'm sure if this was the admiral's rig, we would see a T Dub tied to the 5er, pulling it out backwards

·
Registered
19,605 Posts
Would not have been bad had the rig been a HiLux.

Of Note: Two more videos are dedicated to further attempts at Toyota-cide but Admiral will be pleased to know the major repair tools were hammers.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts