TW200 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The gloves that I've been recommending here... http://tw200forum.com/forum/performance-customization/17765-holiday-wish-list-moab-themed.html, can be had for a great deal right now. I found them cheapest on Amazon... http://amzn.to/2lfpvN7 I think it's because they are being discontinued, so grab them before they're gone. These are the Alpinestars Masai gloves. It's a short cuff 1-3 season glove that has good protection as well as the palm slider protection that I think is a must for a motorcycle gloves. I run them for all of my dual-sport and off-road riding, and I think they are a great choice for Moab. That palm slider is important because when you go down you instinctively put your hands out to try to break your fall, and on a hard surface like asphalt and slickrock you can end up with broken hand and wrist bones. *NOTE* I find that they run a full size smaller than I usually wear, so go up one size.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
47.00 is a discounted price? How much were they before the discount?
Some sites like Motorcycle Superstore still sell them for their regular price of $75. Even at that price they are on the cheaper end of the scale for protective motorcycle gloves. At $47 I think they are a steal, as I paid full price for my first pair that I have been using for 2 years.

·
Registered
1,865 Posts
I like the touch sensitive pads nice touch.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Admiral. As someone who has watched me crash on the slickrock in Moab, you know that without the gear I wear, I could have been really injured instead of jumping up and saying "Let's try that again." Every year we have new friends headed for Moab and looking for advice. My advice is to get and wear protective gear. I go to Moab knowing that I am going to crash, so I try to be prepared. So, that was my goal here, not to start a cheapest glove thread, but share a deal on a pair of motorcycle gloves that offer the minimal protection that I recommend.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
i have been using various "work" gloves too, similar feel, pretty heavy duty and way cheaper! Easy to find touch sensitive too. Those Kobalt look particularly good, less touch sensistivity.
Not putting down the OP's suggestion, which is a good deal for M/C gloves. For the past ~38 years (riding on the street for 54 years) I wear gloves even if I am going around the block for a test ride, lidless.
However, for what appears to be close to the same level of protection, work gloves are much more affordable.

Back in the seventies, I took a client's bike around the block to test an adjustment.
Companion dog to our golden German Shepherd came to greet me and I dumped the bike (no damage to dirt bike) to avoid hitting her.
Sweet dog, but not overly bright...neither was I for not wearing gloves.
Left palm road rash took a while to heal.

Kobalt TP18213 back.JPG Kobalt TP18213 palm.JPG

·
Registered
779 Posts
No dissing on the gloves, we each have our preferences and I appreciate everyone who shares what they use and when there is a good deal on them. Some things I spend a lot more on than many other members do (Bel Ray 4 stroke oil anyone?).

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
No dissing on the gloves, we each have our preferences and I appreciate everyone who shares what they use and when there is a good deal on them. Some things I spend a lot more on than many other members do (Bel Ray 4 stroke oil anyone?).
Ha, ha.

TW maintenance is CHEAP!

10w60 Castrol is almost $14 a quart at O'Reilly. That 60 is NOT a typo!

Check out "bargain" maint prices for my new Moto Guzzi:

Oil change kit: AF1 Racing : Aprilia Parts and Accessories: AF1 Racing Oil Change Kit For Moto Guzzi 750cc's -
6 speed gearbox oil: AF1 Racing : Aprilia Parts and Accessories: AGIP Gear Oil Gear Synth 75W-90 1 Liter -
Trans/hub oil: AF1 Racing : Aprilia Parts and Accessories: AGIP Gear Oil Gear Synth 85W-140 1 Liter -

·
Super Moderator
4,048 Posts
I run Bel Ray in my 701. It's required. Good stuff too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts