TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Title says it all. I'm looking for a good set of riding boots.looking for some input. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really on ride on roads to get to riding area. More trails than anything.I was looking at a set of msr boots. The soles resemble my work boots. I may go that route. Still researching.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Check out the Gaerne Balance boots. These are for trials riding, they offer good protection and are very comfortable for walking.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I just finished a loooong search for a new pair of boots and my head is overflowing with now unneeded boot knowledge. I would be happy to upload it to you.

If protection is your highest priority then how about a pair of light motocross boots. Here are 3 worthwhile candidates:
Moose M1
Gaerne GX-1
Forma Terrain TX HPS​

If you want a bit less protection, with a bit more walking ability, then I would suggest looking at these:
Gaerne G-Midland
Alpinestars Scout
Forma Adventure

If you want the best of both worlds and have a LOT of money to spend, then the Alpinestars Toucan appear to be an awesome boot.

My wife has the Gaerne Balance Oiled and they are very comfortable and they look good (in my opinion). However, I wanted something with a bit more protection (just personal preference) so I investigated the boots listed above.

If you want more info on any of the boots in my second section, feel free to ask. That is the category that I settled on because we do a lot of hiking in the woods after we get off our bikes and I needed some walking ability. (Although I hate having to give up protection, that was the compromise that I made since I could not afford the Toucans).

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the suggestions old white truck. I'm about to pour me a cup of coffee and start researching those boots you suggested.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So I ended up getting a pair of thor the quadrants. Couldn't beat the price.so far so good. A lil stiff but that's to be expected and it also sorta gauges how much they have been used.which wasnt much according to previous owner. Anyhow. They ok for now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I bought the Forma Adventure, a little pricey but well worth it comfy straight out of the box, walkable, waterproof, purchased from atomic moto, several months after getting them my dog decided he wanted to chew the buckles, one phone call to atomic they hooked me up with the Forma guy and 5 days latter I had new buckles. The fit was the same as my combat boots. I am stoked with them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts