TW200 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to try some other pilot and main jets. Are their sources that stock a variety and know about the TW200 carb for a 2010? Also is there a carb drain pllug that has a different head other than the hex? I stripped mine out trying to remove. thanks, Frank.

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
I have one. I had ordered their other rack and since my bike had some suspension work and me being old, I had trouble getting my leg over it. The little rack is nice and basically just adds to the rubber pad area and gives you a larger area to put things, but remember, it's still only rated for small loads. It does give you a little more stability widthwise and lengthwise for a small box or whatever. Worth the 40 bucks in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Hi Frank,

Depending on what kind of guy you are, your source can be your dealer, or an online retailer, such as rockymountainatvmc.com, partzilla.com, or bikebandit.com. There are many threads discussing people's experiences and preferences on here. I personally recommend using the Yamaha part numbers for your jets. Others may not match the jet/hole sizes of OEM and that gets people in trouble.

I've noticed too that you've started a few threads lately all of which kind of go together. It's so much easier for us to help out if you just keep one going so all the info gets contained in the one thread, instead of spread all over. It'd also be helpful to know your location and elevation you'll be riding at, so we can suggest carb settings.

If you are going to mess with the carb, make sure you familiarize yourself with it by reading the carb tuning thread and the carb parts/pictures thread, both in the "technical write ups" section. As for that screw, many have done it, so do a search on that too. The problem is that this bike does NOT use Phillips head screws, they are JIS or Japanese Industrial Standard. Use the screwdriver in the bikes toolkit or pick up some JIS drivers.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. Good advice on using the screwdriver in the tool kit and keeping all my info together!! I have been doing some reading in the tech section. I took my carb apart and did a clean in soapy water in my small untrasonic cleaner. So waiting for the drain screw to come to the local dealer.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Hi Frank,

Depending on what kind of guy you are, your source can be your dealer, or an online retailer, such as rockymountainatvmc.com, partzilla.com, or bikebandit.com. There are many threads discussing people's experiences and preferences on here. I personally recommend using the Yamaha part numbers for your jets. Others may not match the jet/hole sizes of OEM and that gets people in trouble.

I've noticed too that you've started a few threads lately all of which kind of go together. It's so much easier for us to help out if you just keep one going so all the info gets contained in the one thread, instead of spread all over. It'd also be helpful to know your location and elevation you'll be riding at, so we can suggest carb settings.

If you are going to mess with the carb, make sure you familiarize yourself with it by reading the carb tuning thread and the carb parts/pictures thread, both in the "technical write ups" section. As for that screw, many have done it, so do a search on that too. The problem is that this bike does NOT use Phillips head screws, they are JIS or Japanese Industrial Standard. Use the screwdriver in the bikes toolkit or pick up some JIS drivers.
Ditto on the JIS screwdrivers. They are the ONLY ones to use on Japanese equipment. I don't know how I got by without them for so long. Phillips drivers RUIN JIS screws.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd like to try some other pilot and main jets. Are their sources that stock a variety and know about the TW200 carb for a 2010? Also is there a carb drain plug that has a different head other than the hex? I stripped mine out trying to remove. thanks, Frank.

UPDATE:
OK, I found the parts I need to repair and upgrade my 2010-- Upgrades based on info learned here on the forum!!

From info gathered here on the forum, the parts I needed were the following:

1. New drain screw for lower carb bowl - What I found out at the local Yamaha dealer is that the new updated part I needed is Yamaha P/N 4JP-14104-00 ($5.99 at Yamaha dealer). It is called a air screw set- when I looked at the package at the dealer, I thought OH NO, not another screw up. I was expecting just a screw, but the kit includes a screw, spring, washer and o-ring. I didn't think it was right, but got home and installed it in the lower bowl and it fits and seems like it will work.

2. New needle valve assembly P/N 5LB-14390-00-00, (Bike Bandit P/N 1212793, $15.53).. I needed a new one since the part was stuck in the body. I read here that the o-ring might be messed up so I brought the upper housing to my local shop to remove it.

3. Upgrade pilot jet to #34, Yamaha P/N 5LB-14342-17-00 ( Bike Bandit P/N 2642553, $7.94. This part is actully the one used in the Yamaha XT250

4. Upgrade main net to #130, Yamaha P/N 288-14343-65-00 ( Bike Bandit P/N 1162533, $5.39).

Also had to order a new float chamber gasket since the old one is looking bad. The new one looks like a rubber part vs a flat gasket material ( cost $15.99 at Yamaha dealer P/N 5LB-14384-00-00).

So I'm waiting for a call from my Yamaha shop and the parts to get here from Bike Bandit so I can put the carb together and re-install on the bike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts