TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Wildfire smoke cancelled plans to return to these access trails linking up to the Pacific Crest Trail. Returning next weekend with Boarder255 on his WR250 is the new plan hoping for smoke free riding.

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This video begins about where the last one ends. Nice place to rock on. Found this place enduro riding decades ago and then got distracted kayaking the glaciated rockbound lakes there for the next 15 years.

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
OK, one more video.
If this doesn't make one want to go single trackin' on the TW nothin will.
Several sections were a little rough though.:p

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
You could fly across the pond and sample a bit of our trails as Purple shall do next year at the Moab gathering of TW fans. With a loaner bike this could be you.
The video doesn't really capture the sense of steepness and uncertainty of route ahead that a rider gets on his first time following the guide lines painted on the rock. I recall thinking more than once "Certainly we're not going down through there,are we? "

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Brother Mick, I think you should come over for a Moab trip!! In fact, I'll even donate 100 bucks towards your trip if you'll come... :D
Love watching your videos Fred! Makes me so envious of the fantastic trails you have over there . Keep 'em coming
You could fly across the pond and sample a bit of our trails as Purple shall do next year at the Moab gathering of TW fans. With a loaner bike this could be you.
The video doesn't really capture the sense of steepness and uncertainty of route ahead that a rider gets on his first time following the guide lines painted on the rock. I recall thinking more than once "Certainly we're not going down through there,are we? "
Good grief! That looks amazing and terrifying!

·
Super Moderator
17,650 Posts
Seriously, I'd be glad to help. A ride there is the chance of a lifetime, not to mention the wonderful fellowship amongst friends you'd have.

We love you here bro... Let's see if we can help make it happen!!

Ok, who will loan Mick a bike?

Who will match my hundred buck offer to get him here?

Step up folks!! Let's bless this dear brother with the trip of a lifetime!! :)
I'd love to Tommy, and what a generous offer! You know what they say, 'Never say never'!

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A loaner could possibly be arranged.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Don't forget that I have three of them. Every thing on them can be repaired if they should by some strange mishap
get damaged.

·
Registered
928 Posts
This video begins about where the last one ends. Nice place to rock on. Found this place enduro riding decades ago and then got distracted kayaking the glaciated rockbound lakes there for the next 15 years.
I can definitely see why kayaking would distract you from riding. That is gorgeous country! Glad to see you're back on track, though. Looks like a place I'll have to come out to visit (in a couple of years). :D

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Come pay me a visit in the Sierras LUVNOT. I have a spare Buddy Bike and we can round up some more interesting west coast T-Dubbers and go see some sights.TW destinations like this, Lola Montez Lake named after a famous traveling entertainer who brought a bit of culture into the rough-n-ready gold camps Lola Montez.jpg

·
Registered
13,403 Posts
Come pay me a visit in the Sierras LUVNOT. I have a spare Buddy Bike and we can round up some more interesting west coast T-Dubbers and go see some sights.TW destinations like this, Lola Montez Lake named after a famous traveling entertainer who brought a bit of culture into the rough-n-ready gold camps View attachment 182426
Gorgeous

·
Registered
19,580 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Ah yes, the annual gathering of the clan.
Last year many of us met in Utah's San Rafael Swell for a week of backcountry camping and riding. Very informal. Previous springs we had met near Moab,Utah for similar week plus worth of primitive camping and riding many of the iconic slick rock trails there or just mellow riding in the several National Parks there.
Use Forum Search for MOAB to view past stories, photos and videos as well as search for the MOAB 2019 thread with proposed dates and locations.
We have had east coast attendees like LUVNOT last year who flew out as well as other individuals and groups who drove out hauling their gear.
Moab features amazing riding and viewing opportunities, and the company of fellow TW forum members makes it really special.
Video in post#9 is but one example of the many flavors of riding available.

EDIT: The TW license plates one sees in the videos are from all over, there may even be one from Utah. A few Canadians have found March & April in Moab to be a great way to begin the riding season.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts