TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
I recently lost my G-Mail account that I use for work, just quit out of the blue. I just used the "lost password" link and did a reset. Funny thing was I just used my old password as my "new" one and it took it, so either I was hacked or it was just a glitch that needed attention. You will need a cell phone # to get a text with the reset code or another email address in order to fix your problem. Hope this helps cause everyone "needs" to have thier google working!

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got this from chrome in my quest for what happened. Not being even a begining nerd, I really don't understand what I need to do to get my email capability back.

Today, we’re announcing the end of Chrome’s support for Windows XP, as well as Windows Vista, and Mac OS X 10.6, 10.7, and 10.8, since these platforms are no longer actively supported by Microsoft and Apple. Starting April 2016, Chrome will continue to function on these platforms but will no longer receive updates and security fixes.

If you are still on one of these unsupported platforms, we encourage you to move to a newer operating system to ensure that you continue to receive the latest Chrome versions and features.

How do I fix my problem?

·
Registered
637 Posts
What operating system are you running?

The error message is stating that the Chrome browser is no longer supported (meaning, no updates and security patches) on XP, Vista, and certain Mac OS's. I don't know why that would prohibit you from getting onto Gmail unless they blocked it due to potential security concerns.

Do you have Internet Explorer or Firefox? If so, try logging on from one of those.

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Coincidence????? I have had my password remembered on my gmail account for a looooong time. All of a sudden, they want a password. Well, I'll try the forgot password thingy.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Coincidence????? I have had my password remembered on my gmail account for a looooong time. All of a sudden, they want a password. Well, I'll try the forgot password thingy.
If your browser was updated and it somehow wiped the cache during that process, that's not unexpected. Were any operating system changes applied recently?

·
Registered
1,873 Posts
Not to my knowledge. I am normally the only one on my computer, but my girlfriend's granddaughters have been here off and on. I just am the least brilliant when it comes to the mighty computers. I'm going to do the forgot password thing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts