TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I don't remember the last time my brake lever was that staight.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Love the Easton bars on there, look clean. Nice bike

Ryan

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
I like a guy that uses his dub in the dirt and then takes the time to make it sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet lookin' again. Just to add something of my own real quick. Does anyone else here have trouble keeping the right engine side cover from getting scratched by the boot???????? I've painted mine once and try to be careful while riding but I always find my boot rubbing the side cover............. And yes I put on the over sized pegs. OMM.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I like a guy that uses his dub in the dirt and then takes the time to make it sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet lookin' again. Just to add something of my own real quick. Does anyone else here have trouble keeping the right engine side cover from getting scratched by the boot???????? I've painted mine once and try to be careful while riding but I always find my boot rubbing the side cover............. And yes I put on the over sized pegs. OMM.
Skate board grip tape is what I put on the wear areas of the frame on my dirt bikes.

·
Registered
487 Posts
OK is that the clear tape??????????????? Thanks. OMM.

I used the black grip tape " Mob " , which is the most grippy. My son says that " Black Star " may have been a better choice for this application because it is more durable, but nut as grippy. Grip between my boot and the frame is not important to me, so I probably should have gone with the more durable type. That being said, I don't think it makes a big difference, either way. My son says the clear would work ok, but is prone to turning a bit yellow with age. Hope this helps. Rubber side down, Dave

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Beefcake..............was the install on the Cycra's pretty easy going?......any modifying needed?. TIA

It was easy after I had acces to a vice. Since I have the Easton bars I needed to use the Cycra side tripple clamp mount and bend the actual hand guards a bit too. Then i just got the die grinder out and cut the excess length off the hand guard i was not going to use. If you are using protapers or the stock bars it is e en easier. All you will need is the u bend clamp that attaches to the handle bars itself.

Oh I did end up buying a longer bolt to replace the OEM stock one you remove to use the Cycra side triple clamp mount. That was me wanting a grade 8 bolt in there and wanting it to be a little longer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts