TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
That's a lot of horn, is it rechargeable?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
LOL, that will get someone's attention. Is that the fuel tank from the last wrench and ride?

·
Registered
2,126 Posts
Your Welcome! Was the best part on the whole bike. Nice and clean inside!

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
Very cool, I like it!

Mark, I am glad you were able to get your TW registered. What kind of DMV brain death did you have to go through?

By the way, after the Wrench & Ride I ended up with the matching blue front fender that goes with your tank. If you want it, just let me know and I will hang on to it for you.

Brian

·
Registered
814 Posts
100_6469.jpg
The air tank on my XL500 was like a plastic water bottle.

·
Banned
10,664 Posts
So do loud pipes. My sporty gets the caggers attention long before I arrive.
Bull crap. There is no valid evidence obnoxious noise increases safety. None whatsoever. However, if you are loud enough to be heard by every road user, you present as a loud and obnoxious ... when loud and obnoxious isn't necessary. However, if you want to be a loud and obnoxious ..., that's your choice. Nobody will hear the shot when I feel it is necessary to defend myself from the pain caused by noise pollution greatly exceeding a reasonable level. Don't be surprised when the time comes.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Loud pipes pointed backwards do little or nothing to let people know you are coming down the road. They mostly just piss off the people behind you. Lights and horns used properly are my choice.

Reactions: wildcat

·
Registered
184 Posts
if they want to point the pipes forward then it might be safer . i can't stand to be cruising down the road windows down in my car and some wingnut passes me with loud pipes .you can't hear them untill they are beside you ,then you get a blast of noise that freakes you out . if had straight pipes on my mustang i'd be hauled over every time i go out .up here bikes are suposed to have mufflers for safety inspection, but most guys just put them on for inspection then get the sticker andput the loud pipes back on.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I had air horns on my voyager and they were loud. An older gal come across a couple of lanes and was just about to push me off the road when I let them go. I thought she was going to hit the ditch before she got back in control. Had no idea I was there. Lucky there was no traffic or she would have taken someone out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts