TW200 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
image.jpg image.jpg

image.jpg image.jpg

Not too sure I did the pics right, but am very excited about it! 2005 with 5k miles on it, had a friend check it out and ship it from Maui!

I did a quick ride this afternoon, and have found that it has slow acceleration, kind of like lagging in 1st and second gear...Any thoughts? I am thinking maybe a good carb cleaning?

I have some stuff in the mail, new handlebars, fork boots, etc. gonna start changing sme things out as they start arriving. I'm also thinking about doing a headlight/number plate! Will keep you all posted as things progress!!

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
"kind of like lagging in 1st and second gear"

This sounds like the clutch might be slipping. If it seems to rev up but not SPEED up at the same time, then it's your clutch. Otherwise, yea, I'd check out the carb. Congrats on your purchase.

·
Super Moderator
18,142 Posts
Perhaps just a minor pilot jet adjustment will help?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
slooooow acceleration? could be the high elevation in maui? could be it's a tw200? they aren't rockets. ;)
they're a few members from islands on here, though i'm not sure which one, you might want to try and ride another one to compare. check your tire pressure, that affected my ride when i first got it.

i'd think twice about taking your headlight off; it's better visibility for you on a late surf trip and for oncoming drivers to see you.

welcome to the forum, and all the best getting it sorted out, they are a blast to ride, and i'm sure you have plenty of riding over there.

·
Registered
20,477 Posts
Welcom Hdk00. Are you possibly in Kauai parked in front of the Wailua? Looks pretty irregardless. Aloha.
"Lagging" might be due to more highway gearing than stock thus accounting for lazy acceleration. These things aren't powerhouses to begin with. Some of us like SeaFoam, or Lucas Deep Cleaner fuel additives to clean out possible carb gunk buildup before tearing into carburators. You could try that and riding a bunch to get comfortable with bike and any problems. With access to video camera, even cell phone, you can post videos of bike's problems, noises, etc to help us diagnose problems. Nice locking TW, riding it will get habit forming and make you smile.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes! Fred It's the reservoir in wailua homesteads, on Kauai! Good eye.

Yes good. Thinking about the video, I will get to working on it.

The surf sessions are for sure happening, but I'm thinking of making an headlight integrated into the number plate! Actually I ordered some 2" auxiliary lights to add into it, so it should be super bright!

Coffee next, then videos of the slow acceleration...not just tw slow, it's unsmooth, like missing a beat in there (will be changing out the fuel since it came over on the wet barge), changing oil, checking tires, etc. keep you all posted!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts