TW200 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pics in the classified section are better than mine but here it is home.

2006 with just over 400 miles. Runs great! Has the jimbo shield and a 45 tooth rear sprocket with o-ring chain. Its a california model which has smog equipment. Hope that isnt a problem. Strange since it was bought new in Omaha Nebraska. Now I need a cyclerack to haul my crap.

·
Super Moderator
18,165 Posts
I would say congratulations or something like that, but you are out riding.
LuckyDawg!

Reactions: Leisure Time Larry

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Congrats !!!!!!!!! It's like mine... Love the blue.... I bought mine new 7 years ago........... "LOVE" it... Got almost 11,000 miles on it... Runs great.. Go out there and learn how to travel safely on gravel.... OMM.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
Love it and hope it is all that you wanted. These are a simple machine and lots of fun to ride and even more fun to fiddle with in the garage.
wish I knew where you are because I have a brand new cycle rack rear hanging in my garage and in the classified section here. No great deal on it but if you are close it could save you a few bucks.

Wonder why it is a Cal. Model?

Gary

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm in Iowa so pretty far away. I guess I was excited because I went ahead and ordered one last night. Ya I don't know why a California model would end up being sold new in the Midwest.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Never having ridden stock gearing, what would change about the bike if I went from the 14-45 gearing on it currently back to the stock gearing which I have. I ride mostly street and weigh 180 so I plan on leaving the 45 rear for now but just wondering how big of a difference the stock 50 makes. Thanks.

·
Registered
13,898 Posts
Pics in the classified section are better than mine but here it is home.

But it's in your driveway now, so that has to qualify as a better picture for you eh? Giggle Have fun riding it!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just north of Des Moines. I haven't had a chance to ride it since I got it yesterday. Hopefully the 45 is ok because it has a matched oring chain with it.

·
Registered
8,372 Posts
I have the stock 14/50 and just ordered a 47 I will install next week when it arrives. I sure wish the Ws had a tach but I am hoping to see about a 500 RPM difference at 50-55 MPH. I too do 95% on back roads and rarely ever get off of hard packed logging roads. I expect to lose a little torque power in first but hope it does not bog me down in fifth. Most of the reports I have read are of others who either love or hate the change. I too am 180 pounds but I load my 35 pound Brittany and fishing gear in the basket crates on the Cycle Racks rear. We are very happy tooling along at 45-55.

Gary

1 - 14 of 14 Posts