Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
20" of snow fell at my house Tuesday into Wednesday, but
Motorcycle things.jpg

·
Registered
8,371 Posts
I got around 28 inches here in the lower Catskills and I was so looking forward to the trout opener on April first. This is one of the very few times the weather guy actually got it right! YUK!

GaryL

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
OK - lots of snow talk here and yet no pics of your TWs barreling through it?? C'mon guys!
I would need to do the "snorkel mod" to my carb in order to barrel through my snow!

Tom

·
Registered
2,664 Posts
OK - lots of snow talk here and yet no pics of your TWs barreling through it?? C'mon guys!
I guess I could ram it into a snow bank and snap a pic. As far as cruising around the back yard, won't get far.:(

·
Super Moderator
17,964 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
https://www.facebook.com/greg.monty.5/videos/10155091899889715/

My little blizzard video on Facebook

I run a Frito Lay route, I drove 80 miles in that nasty storm on Tuesday in a spare truck (mine in the shop) 160k miles on it with ABS brakes not working and check engine light on. Was a crazy day but makes for a great story. Lots of people stayed home, most everything but convenience stores and supermarkets were closed, so not many cars on the road which made the going actually easy. People thougth I was crazy, a lot of the sales reps stayed home but I don't mind driving in the stuff, especially with little traffic.

·
Registered
6,407 Posts
That is some beautiful snow. Fall like today here, cool but no jacket required.
Not going to make too many friends here making posts like this on a thread about horrible snowy weather! ;)

Tom

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
Western Ohio was supposed to get Freezing Rain early this morning...but we are getting this instead, which, if I had to choose one over the other...better Snow than Ice:

DSC00379.JPG DSC00369.JPG

·
Registered
69 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/greg.monty.5/videos/10155091899889715/

My little blizzard video on Facebook

I run a Frito Lay route, I drove 80 miles in that nasty storm on Tuesday in a spare truck (mine in the shop) 160k miles on it with ABS brakes not working and check engine light on. Was a crazy day but makes for a great story. Lots of people stayed home, most everything but convenience stores and supermarkets were closed, so not many cars on the road which made the going actually easy. People thougth I was crazy, a lot of the sales reps stayed home but I don't mind driving in the stuff, especially with little traffic.
I know exactly what you mean. I'm in the dairy business, live in Pittsburgh but most of my travels are north towards Erie Pa and into north east Ohio. I love working during the bad weather with nobody else on the road. It's actually fun and peaceful in some strange kind of way...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts