TW200 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am looking for Garmin/GPS GPX files for trails in Moab.
So my question is where do you go to find trustworthy GPX files?
Are there certain websites that you commonly use?

I didn't find any threads on this specifically, please direct me if I missed it.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13,401 Posts
Hi everyone,

I am looking for Garmin/GPS GPX files for trails in Moab.
So my question is where do you go to find trustworthy GPX files?
Are there certain websites that you commonly use?

I didn't find any threads on this specifically, please direct me if I missed it.

Thanks in advance.
PM me your email address and I'll send you my Moab GPX Files.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
There is also a map layer of many of the trails that I use. If you PM your email address, I can send it to you.

·
Registered
349 Posts
There's a website called "Trail damage" that has hundreds of GPS tracks, for Utah and Colorado.
It used to be free but I think they have started to charge now.
But I have found the trail descriptions helpful.
And the gps tracks are accurate.
The name of the website is not the best though.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's a website called "Trail damage" that has hundreds of GPS tracks, for Utah and Colorado.
It used to be free but I think they have started to charge now.
But I have found the trail descriptions helpful.
And the gps tracks are accurate.
The name of the website is not the best though.
Thanks bad luck, I will look at that website.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Are you a planner? Me, I'm a planner, and as such, I recommend a couple of purchases from commercial sources. Sure, a lot of us have been to Moab and have tracks we can provide free of charge. However, you'll also get our wrong turns and dead ends, etc.

To best equip a planner for a trip to Moab, I recommend a couple of purchases...

1. FunTreks - Moab package deal (https://funtreks.com/product/moab-package-deal/)
  2. National Geographic Moab Map Pack Bundle (https://amzn.to/2m93O77)
For our first group get together in Moab back in 2015, I bought the 2nd edition of the guidebook. It is a great resource for trails all around Moab. It shows points of interest and where those great picture taking spots are. Now, with the 3rd edition, they've revisited the trails. Not only have they updated the book making changes and adding a lot more trails, but now they offer GPS tracks. It is a great way to go because these tracks include the waypoints the match in the book, so you know where to turn and can find those good spots. The tracks come on a microSD card, so you can pop it right in your GPS unit, or you can import them into your computer. Also, of note, the book is written for the 4x4 crowd, so although I find the difficulty ratings mostly applicable, some of them are easier or harder on bike, and you have to keep that in mind. That is where the experience of this forum will let you know for sure.

The Nat Geo maps are good to have and stuff in a bag when out and about to help you find your way around. Good luck, Moab is AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Larry, I found the Nat Geo maps good for planning where I want to go, but I was disapointed in that the trail names are different on the map then what is labeled on some of the trial signs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have used this map on many moab trips and it seems to be fairly accurate
I don't have enough posts to post links so go to gpsfiledepot and look in usa Utah and find moab trails 2014

1 - 9 of 9 Posts