TW200 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_0650.JPG IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0661.JPG IMG_0648.JPG IMG_0651.JPG IMG_0646.JPG I wanted to replace my horn and saw many options on the forum. One day, while at Academy, I spotted an Attwood "hidden" marine boat horn and began to think it would work perfectly. It's stainless steel and ABS plastic construction is made for salt water duty and it is rated at only 2 amps, so no relay was required. I bought it and tested it and it was pretty darn loud and has a sound like a large American car. I made a mounting bracket to fit the new horn, but did nothing to alter the original one, in case I wanted to go back to the roadrunner sound. It looks great and will get the attention it deserves when needed. The installation looks like the factory did it, if I do say so myself. The horn can be found on Amazon for $20.00. Note the vibration dampening spring I added to the mounting bracket to reduce the chance of it weakening. I also coated the connections on the horn body with liquid electrical tape (actually black Plastidip) and used heat shrink tubing over the wires. This horn is working out great and looks like it belongs on the bike. Much louder and commands attention.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Don't think my butt would take to Colorado from Texas........but we are thinking about a trip to the duck dynasty shop in Monroe LA using all back roads and through small towns.......that would make a cool picture with the bikes sitting under the duck commander sign......

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My butt would never take it, either. I am talking about hauling the bikes to Colorado, then riding them for several days through the mountains around Lake City. It is an awesome place. I'll be going back in October to hunt elk.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts