1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
I don't even want to think about making a rack for that

·
Registered
19,414 Posts
Luggage manequins, now I've seen everything! I like Borneo's boot idea to extend storage and stability. An MSR fuel bottle in one boot and a bottle of Gentleman Jack in the other, maybe a sissy bar for the torso and I'ld be ready to adventure tour with the rest of you crazies.

·
Registered
6,367 Posts
I'm thinking Tinman could fashion a bracket to mount on the rear fender bolts, extend up a bit and to that mount a Texas size belt buckle. Pass the belt through the pack/pants loops and you have a bomber mount. I think the Gentleman Jack should probably be included in the mounting kit.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hats off to my fellow KLR rider, for KLRing the hell out of Giant Loop!

·
Registered
503 Posts
I'm thinking Tinman could fashion a bracket to mount on the rear fender bolts, extend up a bit and to that mount a Texas size belt buckle. Pass the belt through the pack/pants loops and you have a bomber mount. I think the Gentleman Jack should probably be included in the mounting kit.

Borneo is apparently making a bid to join our design dept.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I have always wanted the Giant Loop bag but will be damned to pay their asking price. So I have been working on the same concept using either fireman pants or waders. I just received 2 used fireman pants from a fellow rider. My idea is to sew the 2 pant leg together and use the waist area for the access area via zippers. My current problem is that my sewing machine cannot handle the fireman materials. I'll have to find a professional to sew them for me. Once I get the layout done then I'll post pictures of their progression.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts