TW200 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
Hey Frez...
Great looking kit, even all color coordinated with you & your bike!
I'm anxious to see the heat shield and how it works.
You going to be rep'ing Great Loop Moto Gear?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rider is Marne from Oregon and is a customer of Great Loop Moto (not me). She had coordinated the color with her bike and riding gear. I think the bags and tank bags come in 6 or 7 colors.

The bags come with a heat shield. Clamps to any exhaust pipe. I understand it works very well, but I intend to measure how hot the bag gets when I test it.

I do not know Marne but she has a very good blog on riding the TW200, hunting and fishing. Her blog is titled: "women who aren't afraid of getting dirt under their fingernails."

Here is her link: She Treads Outdoors: YE OLD BAG - GIANT LOOP MOTORCYCLE BAGS

·
Super Moderator
4,046 Posts
Cool, ill check it out.
Thanks,

The rider is Marne from Oregon and is a customer of Great Loop Moto (not me). She had coordinated the color with her bike and riding gear. I think the bags and tank bags come in 6 or 7 colors.

The bags come with a heat shield. Clamps to any exhaust pipe. I understand it works very well, but I intend to measure how hot the bag gets when I test it.

I do not know Marne but she has a very good blog on riding the TW200, hunting and fishing. Her blog is titled: "women who aren't afraid of getting dirt under their fingernails."

Here is her link: She Treads Outdoors: YE OLD BAG - GIANT LOOP MOTORCYCLE BAGS

·
Registered
1,420 Posts

·
Registered
3,477 Posts
What's keeping that bag from catching fire on the pipe?
I've had one for 4 years. I use it on both bikes, but on the BMW I rotate it 90 degrees so it acts like an easy chair with arms. I never had a problem with it on the TW on the pipe side. I never used the heat shield. It's a fussy, complex bag that takes some thought to pack efficiently, but when done you can carry a lot of gear and divide it up into the various compartments. Very well designed and tough as nails but really pricey.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yeah, they're a little pricey, but I like em'. I've got the bigger ones I think they're called the Great Basin on the XT-225 and the smaller version on the TW.
I won one set as a door prize and the other are old, when the prices weren't so high.
The only thing that gives me pause, is sometimes they condensate inside, being so sealed up and then stuff molds a little.
I try and leave them unzipped and empty from time to time to let them dry out. The zippers are not 100% waterproof, but they do fairly well in a dousing.
They come with water proof bags that go inside. I do like how over built they are, they do a really good job with the craftsmanship and materials used.
The heat shields I have several of, and just put them on the different bikes so the bags can go from one to another if necessary.
The bags come off and on easily, and are extremely secure.
Just my .02
Oh, as much as I like them, and I do, I should say, that I my next set of soft bags will definitely be the MOSKO MOTO bags!
I am a very loyal fan of them, as they are outstanding folks making simply outstanding products! They don't give them away" either though.
Well, maybe a door prize someday?
Look into them though, really.
RicklesssS in Oregon

·
Registered
159 Posts
Thank you Tommy!
Not meaning at all the to hijack this thread, but I would like to mention one thing about MOSKO.
Ok, two, I should mention that they don't pay me or give me anything; I've only met them twice.
One really interesting thing about them as a company, is that they started a thread on ADVrider a couple years back, stating that they were going to start
this company, and would anyone like to give feedback, advice, etc. etc.?
Well, it's turned out, they've gotten thousands of replies, about everything they make and test. Talk about a transparent company!
It's been quite remarkable to watch them grow, and get better and better. They REALLY listen to what folks have to say.
Their same blog is also somewhere on their own website as well.
That's all!
RicklesssS in Oregon. (Ironic, but Giant Loop is in Bend, Oregon and MOSKO up in Northern Oregon!)

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
littletommy beat me to it - I ~really~ want the Mosko Moto Reckless 80. Especially after having read the aforementioned ADVRider thread. I also really like the Giant Loop bags, but the modularity of the Mosko Moto wins me over. Reckless 80L System (v2.0) | Mosko Moto

1 - 16 of 16 Posts