TW200 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,931 Posts
I'd be on that faster than Little Tommy on a donut!

·
Super Moderator
17,930 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,930 Posts
Another "above and beyond the call of duty forum member!!" Good on ya bro!! ^_^

If anybody is interested that's only one hour north of me. I could run up and take a look, take more detailed photos, render an opinion, ....

·
Registered
416 Posts
Somebody needs to snap that up, resell it and put some tweaking money in their pocket! I could pay for a lot of new mod's with that extra $$.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
the seller changed the city / location from koopers (which isn't even a city from what I can see) to Champion it's strange the seller doesn't seem to know where he/she is

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
He has always said Champion as far as I know. These are VERY small towns. Nobody has ever heard of Koopers and this guy may be the only person who lives there. On the bright side you can own a TW and be the baddest biker in town with the fastest bike. Not a lot of internet fraud in Champion, Michigan. I got caught on my 1979 CB750K limited edition in a hail storm and I was waived into a local restaurant. They opened a very wide set of doors, let me drive my motorcycle into the restaurant where they brought me rags and helped me dry myself off and then the bike then came bacon, eggs, and hot coffee after they gave me a place to change into dry clothes. I was wearing a suit and tie trying to get to the prison in Baraga while getting in my last ride for the season. Open faced helmet. We ride these things for the stories we can tell right?

Storm let off and I had to get to work. I cannot remember his name but they made me call her "Ma." Even thought this was early in the morning, the place was quite full with locals. You cannot talk motorcycles with old guys without hearing about the guy whose uncle had an Indian... I was surprised that at the breakfast hour they were drinking beer.

You can put the guard down if you want this bike. I would never hesitate to do business in Champion, Michigan.

I remember this day well as it was the most amount of riding I have ever done in one day as my Champion experience is equally as unforgettable. I rode from Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan to Baraga, Michigan, to Sault Sainte Marie, Michigan where I picked up my girlfriend and then rode to Bay City, Michigan....then home the next day. Great day.

·
Registered
3,145 Posts
Great story Michael thanks for sharing! I've always wanted to see the UP and this would be a great "excuse" to see it

Is there a time of season they close the roads due to snow or is it open year around?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
U.P. has some deep primitive areas, It is incredible what it is like to live here. Our inability to travel in the winter is exaggerated. I practice as far down as Ottawa County and as far up as Dickinson County...all year long. I have four wheel drive and a winter coat. Easy on the dramatics. Admittedly I would not want to drive to Champion in a blizzard, but you can get to Champion any day of the year. Some months you are better off not taking the motorcycle. The U.P. is 9 months of winter and three months of bad skiing. I hope you land that bike and cross paths with myself and Devil's Advocate. He is much closer to this bike than I am. To Devil's advocate it is a one hour drive. For me in good weather it is a three hour gig. Between Devil's Advocate and myself, this bike can easily meet you at the Mackinac Bridge which is one hour from me. The Upper Peninsula of Michigan is one of the best places in the country to ride a motorcycle. Yes, the season is short and hand warmers are a great option on anything. I always wanted to put a set on my snow shovel.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts