TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Weekend before Labor Day -

I'm planning to camp at Green Valley Lake Friday 26th and Saturday 27. Green Valley Lake is between Arrowhead and Big Bear Lakes in the San Bernadino National Forest. There are 14 first come first served campsites that will probably be filled up by Friday. I'm happy to grab an extra site Thursday evening for any TW or other dual sport riders that care to explore Green Valley and it's environs with me on Friday and or Saturday. I'm planning on doing several short trips on Friday to get oriented and do one long ride on Saturday. I've camped there before but have not tried the trails. Be advised - I'm a slow rider and like to take my time with the sights

Basic groceries are in town but no gas. Green Valley Lake Campground does not allow green sticker vehicles or OHV staging but nearby Crab Flats does.

Camp chairs, food and drink are negotiable for campers arriving on two wheels... lemme know.

Summer Ride!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Staven, I am thinking about driving up on Friday if I can get someone to go with me. I will check around and let you know by Wednesday.

Ronnydog

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
My life sucks. So many awesome rides I've had no choice but to miss lately because I work weekends and can't afford to take days off for fun
I would go on this if it were Mon-Wed instead lol. Have fun.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Staven looks like Jimbo and I will be in camp about 4pm on Friday, can you hold a spot for a tent.

Ronnydog

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Saturday's out for me, but I'm gunna ride up there for the day on Friday A.M.

·
Registered
113 Posts
What time Ya leav'in camp on Sat? My Brother and I may ride up if all goes to plan. If we do please be kind to him, he's a DR rider.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No real schedule or route set for Saturday. We'll probably get started around 10:00am I imagine. Hope to see you there!

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
It's currently 112 here in the shade of the smoke from a lovely brushfire in Cajon Pass.

It'll be nice to head up to the more temperate elevation wherte it's only 100

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
You life doesn't suck until you have had sciatica.

Well I imagine that would be pretty unfortunate, particularly if permanent! However, I'm also pretty certain I've experienced pain worse than that.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Dang-it! I just looked at the dates again, I didn't realize it was *this* weekend, for some reason I thought it was the following weekend! I'm on-call for my job this weekend so I'm out. Sorry, hope you guys all have a great ride though!

Kevin

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Kev - Missed you guys again! Pretty mellow weekend - Lizrdbrth rode up on Friday and met Ronny and Jimbo in camp while I was out exploring the forest fire damage around the Green Valley Lake area. Lots of clearing and logging piles etc... The forest was pretty spooky looking in bright sunshine. It must have looked like a war zone during the rainy season. Lizardbrth had to get back Friday after we all had dinner at the local eatery so could not ride with us on Saturday.

Saturday morning woke to a front flat on my bike. I had a slow leak from a huge cactus thorn I had picked up on Friday. Jimbo helped me out with a field tube patch kit and lesson on how to break the bead, pull and repair the puncture in the innertube and replace in record time. Thanks again Jimbo! You Rock!

Babalouie got in to camp midway though the flat tire business and we all took off around 10am or so. We all rode through Hanna Flats (no relation) and Holcome Valley, saw some lightning and heard some thunder, got rained on a bit. Beautiful summer ride - about 50/50 dirt and asphalt - lunch at Big Bear and came back by various routes.

Awesome weekend guys. I really appreciate your knowledge, experience, company and look forward to the next adventure.

-S

·
Registered
7,013 Posts
However, I'm also pretty certain I've experienced pain worse than that.

Yep, there are lots of things to make one's life miserable. I only bring up sciatica because I just got over it which has pretty much ruined the entire summer for me -- like 10 weeks with times (at its worse) it felt like a truck was running over my leg. Thankfully those episodes were fleeting in nature.

·
Registered
7,369 Posts
Hey Kev - Missed you guys again! Pretty mellow weekend - Lizrdbrth rode up on Friday and met Ronny and Jimbo in camp while I was out exploring the forest fire damage around the Green Valley Lake area. Lots of clearing and logging piles etc... The forest was pretty spooky looking in bright sunshine. It must have looked like a war zone during the rainy season. Lizardbrth had to get back Friday after we all had dinner at the local eatery so could not ride with us on Saturday.

Saturday morning woke to a front flat on my bike. I had a slow leak from a huge cactus thorn I had picked up on Friday. Jimbo helped me out with a field tube patch kit and lesson on how to break the bead, pull and repair the puncture in the innertube and replace in record time. Thanks again Jimbo! You Rock!

Babalouie got in to camp midway though the flat tire business and we all took off around 10am or so. We all rode through Hanna Flats (no relation) and Holcome Valley, saw some lightning and heard some thunder, got rained on a bit. Beautiful summer ride - about 50/50 dirt and asphalt - lunch at Big Bear and came back by various routes.

Awesome weekend guys. I really appreciate your knowledge, experience, company and look forward to the next adventure.

-S

Any day that provides great company, the chance to swap (and swipe) ideas, discuss top secret innovations, air down more than once AND fill my boots with water is a good day.

Thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Any day that provides great company, the chance to swap (and swipe) ideas, discuss top secret innovations, air down more than once AND fill my boots with water is a good day.

Thanks for the invite.

[/quote]

Thanks Staven, Jimdo, Russ, Babalu for the good time.

Ronnydog

TW Hauler

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Tony: Well glad that it was temporary.

Ronnydog: Is that still a 70 tooth sprocket on the back?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts