TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, everyone!

I'm a proud new owner of a 1991 TW w/ 5,000 miles on it. I wanted to introduce myself, as I am new to motorcycles, this bike, and this community.

Will post pictures soon!

Jamison

·
Registered
20,387 Posts
Welcome to the wonderfully diverse world of TWs. Some of us use them as daily commuters, others as duel purpose machines to get to and enjoy favorite trails, others tour great distances . Seemingly no end to the uses you will see on this forum, impressive stuff. And if you don't see many other Trailways on the road you can always visit this forum and know you are not alone. 1991 model year, wasn't that the one ridden to the North Pole? Bet those who would snivel at your bike don't know that! Only done on a TW. So ride with pride.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the warm welcome! Here's the pics I promised.

photo 1.JPG photo 2.JPG photo 3.JPG

As you can see in the second picture, front tire is a little flat. Need to get a new tube. Any of the Hoosiers on here have recommendations for mechanics in the Indy area?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
What do you need done? I can do most of the maintenance on a tw. Is that the one that was in Danville on craigslist?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, it's the one from Danville. I'm looking to learn to do some basic maintenance though. I need to change the oil, clean the carbs, replace the tube in the front tire (then get it balanced), and the starter might need some work...

The Forum has been great in showing the pics along with the steps to doing this sort of stuff.

·
Registered
54 Posts
congrats on the new (to you) old tw. Im in northwest Indiana (Hammond) although most people in indy dont really consider us in lake county part of Indiana lol.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey graxler i live in Hammond IN. also. i don't have a TW yet but i have a Versys for sale on ebay and a v-stom 650 and when/if it sells i will be getting a TW. Two TW's in Hammond?

·
Registered
4,500 Posts
I live 8 miles from Berne, just across the Ohio Line...does that count:confused: :p

1 - 20 of 20 Posts