TW200 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow TW riders.

Picked up a used TW a few weeks ago after searching for several months.
They seldom come up for sale in the SF south bay area.

Mine's an '06 which had 1475 miles on it when I got it.
I thought $2700 was a good deal so swooped on it.
I'm the 3'rd owner. First was a wealthy gentleman with a barn full of moto and water toys that seldom got used. Second owner only put about 400 miles on it in the 6 months he owned it before desiring a more "standard" dual sport bike.

Now the quest to equip it for my needs and uses.
I tend to ride adventure motos. (I also have an '88 R100GS, an '06 KTM 950 S and an '03 KTM 450EXC plated, amongst some of my bikes)

So this little TW is gonna be set up for adventuring off the tarmack, but still suitable for linking those trails and dirt roads with pavement stints.
I'll also be chasing the grandkids on their CR50 and XR50 around the local moto park.

After resesarching many areas of this forum (and regretting the fact that many how to's pictures were not coming up) I have begun the mods with a Moose skid plate (sprayed on inside with undercarriage sound deadening coating), Protaper ATV Mid bars with Acerbis handguards.
Also went with the IRC footpegs (modified for more fold up angle) and I think it was Moose folding shifter. Added a Hella +30% bulb for better lighting and an SAE battery tender type lead.
I installed a cutoff switch for the headlight but have not wired it in yet.
I have the 130 main jet but have not opened it yet to install. The bike leaks when parked with petcock on so will need new float needle and possibly seat. Most likely a complete carb rebuild kit. They aren't to spendy.
Also have a tach and awaiting it's housing to mount up.
Upcoming purchases are stiffer (Red) shock spring and fork springs with emulators.
Also the Happy Trails Tail Rack (bike came with TW Factory rack) as well as SU side racks. I have multiple sets of soft luggage.

Anyway... That's my intro story.
Hope to learn more here and share what I can.

Regards... John

·
Registered
326 Posts
Welcome! And nice mod list.

If your grandkids are halfway ambitious in the dirt you will only see their tire tracks on a real motoX track when riding the TW.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Socalnative.
The grandkids are 4 & 5 and just learning so I'll have no problem.
When they get faster I'll just switch to the 450EXC. By then they should be starting their bikes by themselves and I won't have to dismount as much to help them get going again.

·
Super Moderator
18,049 Posts
Welcome!! :D

Reactions: cowboyjeff

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Welcome to you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts