TW200 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I started riding in 2010 after taking the MSF course on a TW200. My first bike, which I still have, is a 2008 Suzuki GSX650F. I love it on the street, but my experience learning on the TW and my close proximity to the NJ Pine Barrens kept drawing me towards a dual sport. Last year I picked up a 2003 XT225 locally and got my feet wet into dual sporting. I was hooked! However most of my riding friends did not want to invest in a dual sport. Riding alone isn't as fun so this year I added a third bike to the stable; a 2006 TW200!

TW.jpeg

The bike has ~3000 miles on it, and I picked it up in NJ for $2000. I spent about 2 months scouring CL via search tempest to find it. :D

Here she is out in some local woods within an hour of getting her home:

TW200 2.jpg

The whole gang together:

All bikes.jpeg

Also, since I mentioned the XT 225:

XT225 2.jpeg

I've been lurking the forum for a few weeks and I'm really impressed with the sense of community here! Everyone has great TW stories and information to share! :D

·
Super Moderator
18,052 Posts
Welcome my friend to the forum!! You will enjoy it here.
Good folks, great info!

·
Registered
592 Posts
Welcome! I'm also southern Jersey...
I just bought a trailer and ready to hit the pinelands. Would love to meet up for a ride

·
Registered
26 Posts
I enjoy riding into NY city and walk and ride around. Traveling rt 80 non rush hour from NE PA can be fun I have hit 83 downhill with wind at my back. Haha!

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Congrats, and hello from NJ. Now that the weather is starting to turn, I'll be getting my old Harley ready to sell so I can buy a TW. There are a few here from NJ, so maybe we can plan a ride this Summer....;)

·
Registered
592 Posts
Im totally in for a planned ride! I have a triple motorcycle trailer if anybody wants to hit the pine barrens

·
Registered
124 Posts
Congrats & Welcome to the forum! As a kid I started dirt riding in Ocean County back in '82. If you guys put together some Jersey rides- I may join you.:icon_thumbright:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the warm welcomes!! :D

I would definitely be interested in planning a meet up/ride for the pine barrens, TW's and non-TW's welcome of course!

As a side note: I changed the oil on the XT225 last night and encountered the dreaded seized drain bolt. :mad: That thing was a royal pain to get off. A 19 mm 6-point socket with a breaker bar + PB blaster + about 60 seconds from a blow torch did the trick though.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Whenever possible, meaning when it can fit, a little heat and an 18 or 24 volt impact gun work for me almost every time.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You boy's are speaking my language. Pop ups and trails sounds awesome. I'm right over the tacony bridge. Me and a few friends are heading up state to Centralia to ride this weekend. I would definitely do a pine barings trip this spring.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts